Game-Labs Forum

Important - Final map. Player action required for both PVE and PVP servers.

This right here. Really want to know. I've been stopping and starting things because I'm like "maybe it will be this week..." and a "nope..." It's hard to be invested in things when it is a "will happen sometime in the next 15-25 days" and being past that now. 

The "15-25 days" projection appeared in an admin post dated 13 Sep (i.e., 15 days ago).  Not only has that window not expired yet...we just now entered it today.   We will have to wait until 08 October (end of next week) before claiming that the devs didn't meet that estimate.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16423-free-town-changes-important/  

That said, we also shouldn't be terribly surprised or upset if that date also passes without an update deployed.  This patch is by far the most extensive and game-changing over at least the last 6 months (the time in which I've been familiar with the game's progress), and perhaps since Steam release.  I'd much rather GL take the necessary time to get it right rather than rush it out to us earlier.

Meanwhile, the post-reset status of every port has been made clear, as well as what happens with outposts/ships/buildings/warehouse...in the original post of this thread.  It's not at all difficult to move outposts/assets accordingly, and just be ready.  Many players have already done that.  With that out of the way, they simply continue to play without having to worry about it.  The patch could (hypothetically...not predicting such) come as early as tonight with zero warning, and their stuff is already where it needs to be.

• Like 2

Would just be nice to have an exact date when it is decided. Like over the weekend to have a message that pops up when you login that says "There will be a patch this Wednesday the 5th. There will be a conquest reset. Please view this link." I would rather not abandon all production and current strategic national ports until I absolutely have to. Not trying to rush anything. Just would like some clear communication on roll out dates for patches like in any other game I've played.

Edited by Duncan McFail
  • Like 1

Would just be nice to have an exact date when it is decided. Like over the weekend to have a message that pops up when you login that says "There will be a patch this Wednesday the 5th. There will be a conquest reset. Please view this link." I would rather not abandon all production and current strategic national ports until I absolutely have to. Not trying to rush anything. Just would like some clear communication on roll out dates for patches like in any other game I've played.

I know that we need to be patient.

I would be happy if we got a announcement at the login screen said something like "The patch (with conquest reset) will be between October 5-8".

That way you will definitely know that it is upcoming and a date range..

It provides the indicator that the patch is coming AND at the same time provides the devs some leeway on an implementation date

I agree. Just move the update to November or later and take your time doing it right.

These past few weeks, with everyone expecting an immminent port-wipe, play has been completely scewed with several of the big clans just leaving the new players and little clans to their own devices. Trading has become almost impossible and it is hard for new players to find a place to do missions as too many ports switch sides every day.

we don't know the date yet

once we know - we will of course post it in advance.

• Like 4

+1!!! Thank god. I had the same fear as Duncan McFail.

They've been good about fair warning for any major change (like this one).  Keep a trader in your outposts with production buildings, and then craft your materials from your production buildings a night or two prior to the reset, then ship them to the new location.  Once the port is reset you won't have lost much if anything, since you will get compensated for the buildings also.  You'll just be relocated is all.

• Like 1

i understand nothing of that map, exactly where should i move my assets if i play sweden to keep them? to gustavia or away from gustavia? i dont get it..

To Gustavia. Anything that doesn't fit in Gustavia, move it to a free port (except for Vieques, which is being removed).

To Gustavia. Anything that doesn't fit in Gustavia, move it to a free port (except for Vieques, which is being removed).

Yep, just checked, and the other post-reset non-freetowns in the Sweden starting region (Sandy Hill, Cul-de-Sac) will be new ports, not yet existing.  Gustavia / Freetowns is all that's available for preparation purposes.

Patch wont fix pirate problem. It will make it actually worse.

Childish pirate clans with leaders with napoleon complex can abuse game even more than before...we'll gonna see same 1st rate ganking fleets and facehugging(broken as hell)belle poules after patch, only thing that changes is that now pirates can harrass even more easily smaller nations with very small PvP player amount, specially outside nations prime time...

Its like you devs dont have any clue how much there actually is active PvPers & RvRers.

Example, i can easily demonstrate what i mean:

Some of the biggest pirate clans have more players than small nation has active players...

Its not a secret that like in Haiti campaign sweden had like 30-35 active PvPers at best, that was our playerbase then.

That lead to situation where after few months when you were almost as "forced" to play every night because we just didnt have reserves...got boring after 10-12 weeks...

(yes, sweden managed to get more players to actually join into common effort, same time many swedish players have left the nation)

Now, imagine after patch how stupidly retarded it is if pirates(or even one clan) decide to harrass smaller nation or help bigger nation beside smaller?

Defending and attacking will come almost impossible.fact is that outside swedens prime time hours there are not enough players to gather even one full fleet, outside prime time there are only randoms and carebears, occasionally you see more than few players...playing in underdog nation will get new meaning after next patch.What we will see is abusive gaming and even more lame 1st rate fleets, specially for pirate side who allready use their masses in this game.

Biggest single group after brits, and yet new patch just dont fix the fact NA has become more pirate sim than sailing sim with nations?

Also, even if some uppgrades and perks are being nerfed game still continue going to direction where best/biggest ships and uppgrades + perks have way too much effect on battles.

You devs created pirate menace, now with new patch there is just no damage control on them, you actually make playing as pirate even more appealing choice...

Ganking is gonna be even bigger problem than its allready is, killing solo playing/missions can even make players to actually quit playing this game.

These fantasy uppgrades and perks, really?

Even if random player got ganked in bigger ship than few enemies, lets say like 3:1 , this fantasy game where having Best ship+ perks+ uppgrades makes impossible for even realistically defend yourself.what we now have is that in order to sink 3 enemies you actually have to shoot them twice because idiotic repairs and wonderboy perks.

So battles like 3:1 are somewhat 5:1 or 6:1 if you count how much damage you have to deal...

Even with nerfing some perks im afraid that situation will be even worse.Good for OP pirates(OverPopulated) bad for smaller nations/ mediocre+new players.

Since bottles got nerfed ive been trying to find "necessary" uppgrades to newer players, finding uppgrades like monkeys/carpenters/marines have been almost impossible due fact that prices are way too high now for average player who has no time to spend hours and hours gathering 6-9 million just to buy golden marines if you even have luck and find someone whos selling these as they have become basicly un-accessable to newer players?

I just hope that even if uppgrades are being nerfed at least make them more accessible.

Gap between casual mediocre players and powergrinders has allready deepened creating situation where biggest and richest clans have possibility to throw gold and dominate battles.

And please, dont start to argue that there is no difference between fully loaded uppgraded 3/5 ships vs. average joes cheap mediocre ship same time missing important uppgrades...

• Like 4

Having played lots of game's with clans/alone, I can see your point Voncarra.

I have purchased the game, waiting on having an up grade so I can play proper.

Studded the video's from beginning to the present day, am wondering if i have made a mistake.

The pirates in my view should be four or five ships only and up to frigate medium, so as to make it more Interesting to the game.

If this is to be as near real as possible the pirates should be at the lower end of the scale,ie: less is best for the game.

I have seen some great battles on this game but mostly now nations fighting pirates, if that's how its turning out then the game will in my view be a waste of time and effort by the game makers.

Good day Gentlemen. 

• 1 month later...

Ok been in the game as Foxcroft for two and a half months.

Really enjoying the experience in my basic Surprise.

Had my first battle in the Admiralty games.

Was fun running around trying to find players for combat,met some French and did battle, that finished we had contact with some Danes, battle commenced, At this stage i should have pulled out being in rank only Master and Commander, with some crew down, ship still in a good condition I continued to the third battle, this turned out to be Pirates.

Out numbered and with some large two Decker's we  came to battle, because of the number of ships involved it became very crowded, and I struck a  Pirate two Decker and broke my bowsprit.with the help of a fellow player I got free.

Then it was I decided I had to get out and repair or to Davy Jone's locker I would go.

Had a running fight with a lighter Pirate frigate and found we both were stuck against the wind, with Bowsprit  missing found it very difficult to turn back into the wind, all this time I was being pounded by pirate ships.

What was so funny at the time was this little Pirate cutter(Capt Slim), being in dire straits  by this time,Capt Slim realised  I had no stern cannon.

By this time I was sinking, The thought that went through my mind while he was firing his 4 or 6 Pdrs at my stern, was that the poor fella was down on his luck and needed the Gold and XP.

Then watched the battle for a bit and came out of the game.

What struck me as funny was that I landed in La Navasse, which was not one of my ports and had to get a cutter to get home again.

Great time I had, would not have missed for the world, not sure on the out come, but hope that all enjoyed as much as me. 

Good day Gentlemen.

• Like 2