Game-Labs Forum

[pictures] the complete guide to ship-skins [Update 9.97]

Black Spawn

I'm still forced to look at them when I'm doing battle with or against them. Wish we'd stick to historical paintschemes and skip the fantasy 'xoxo pirates' ones.

I agree that some of them look out of place or garish on certain ships (a Swedish blue Connie for example). However admin is keeping to generally historical ship colors based on period artwork or documentation.

Look at this in perspective of players asking for total customization like being able to paint their ship like the Black Pearl or to paint their sails purple with skulls. The current paint mechanism is a good way to allow for some customization and potentially for micro-transactions down the road without having to actually put up with the fantasy pirate colors.

I agree that some of them look out of place or garish on certain ships (a Swedish blue Connie for example). However admin is keeping to generally historical ship colors based on period artwork or documentation.

Look at this in perspective of players asking for total customization like being able to paint their ship like the Black Pearl or to paint their sails purple with skulls. The current paint mechanism is a good way to allow for some customization and potentially for micro-transactions down the road without having to actually put up with the fantasy pirate colors.

I absolutely agree. Microtransactions will and have to come to keep the game alive in the long run. As all early access games the devs are probably looking for different income sources than the "single game buy". In my opinion skins would be the only legit way to achieve this. If we are looking at a trial for microtransactions the skins they have implemented are are good way to fulfill demand and still stay kind of historic accurate

But IF they aren't even thinking about this, I would rather not have "Breast harbour" and "Rouge Noir" ingame. But thats just my 5 cents

But IF they aren't even thinking about this, I would rather not have "Breast harbour" and "Rouge Noir" ingame. But thats just my 5 cents

"Breast" harbour ? Gimme immediately the GPS coordinates of that port. I'd love to visit it !  :D

btw I do like the Brest harbour paint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since we will probably see an awful lot of paintjobs in the coming days due to the events, I guess its time to update this thread.

= picture in the thread | = no picture available so far | *new* = introduced with the patch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Rates
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victory - Brest Harbor
Victory - Classic White *new* (probably Black Chequer)
Victory - Pink Royale
Victory - Rouge Noir
Victory - Swiss Guard

Santisima - Brest Harbor
Santisima - Classic White *new* (probably Black Chequer)
Santisima - Pink Royale
Santisima - Pinstripe
Santisima - Rouge Noir
Santisima - Sicily
Santisima - Swiss Guard

L'Ocean - BlackRedWhite *new*
L'Ocean - Brest Harbor *new*
L'Ocean - Marseille *new*
L'Ocean - Montagne *new*
L'Ocean - Sangre *new*
L'Ocean - SolidLine01 *new*
L'Ocean - SolidLine02 *new*

2nd Rates

Bucentaure - Brest Harbor
Bucentaure - Candy *new*
Bucentaure - Pink Royale
Bucentaure - Savannah *new*

Pavel - Pink Royale
Pavel - Sicily
Pavel - Swiss Guard

3rd Rates

Bellona - Brest Harbor
Bellona - Classic White *new* (probably Black Chequer)
Bellona - Pink Royale
Bellona - Sangre *new*
Bellona - Swede Dreams
Bellona - Swiss Guard

4th Rates

Agamemnon - Candy *new*
Agamemnon - Classic White *new*
Agamemnon - Pink Royale *new*
Agamemnon - Savannah *new*
Agamemnon - WideStripe *new*

Indiaman - Candy *new*
Indiaman - Roux *new*
Indiaman - RouxClassic *new*
Indiaman - Swede Dreams *new*

Constitution - Rouge Noir
Constitution - Sicily
Constitution - Swiss Guard

Ingermanland - VarnishedBlack *new*

5th Rates

Hermione - Roux *new*
Hermione - Unite *new*

BellePoule - Brest Harbor
BellePoule - Classic White *new* (probably Black Chequer)
BellePoule - French
BellePoule - Navy *new*
BellePoule - Rouge Noir
BellePoule - Swede Dreams
BellePoule - Unite *new*

Cerberus - Carota
Cerberus - French
Cerberus - Navy
Cerberus - Swede Dreams

Endymion - DarkBrownMaxV *new*
Endymion - EnglishMulticolorStyleMaxV *new*
Endymion - GreenClayMaxV *new*
Endymion - MontagneMaxB *new*
Endymion - MustangMaxV *new*
Endymion - SantaCeciliaMaxV *new*
Endymion - YellowClassicStyle2MaxV *new*
Endymion - YellowClassicStyleMaxV *new*

Essex - Brest Harbor
Essex - Pink Royale
Essex - Rouge Noir
Essex - Sangre
Essex - Sicily
Essex - Unite *new*

Frigate - Brest Harbor *new*
Frigate - Classic White *new*
Frigate - Navy *new*
Frigate - Rouge Noir *new*
Frigate - Swede Dreams *new*

Pirate Frigate - Outlaw *new*

Renommee - Barra
Renommee - Brest Harbor

Surprise - Brest Harbor *new*
Surprise - Classic White *new*
Surprise - Pink Royale *new*
Surprise - Rouge Noir *new*
Surprise - Sangre *new*
Surprise - Unite *new*

Trincomalee - Brest Harbor
Trincomalee - Pink Royale
Trincomalee - Rouge Noir
Trincomalee - Roux *new*
Trincomalee - Sangre
Trincomalee - Scarred
Trincomalee - Swiss Guard

6th Rates

Brig - Roux *new*

Mercury - Roux *new*

NavyBrig - Rouge Noir *new*
NavyBrig - Roux *new*

Niagara - Classic White *new* (probably Black Chequer)
Niagara - Rouge Noir

Rattlesnake - Outlaw *new*
Rattlesnake - Roux *new*

Rattlesnake Heavy - Outlaw  *new*

Snow - Roux *new*
Snow - Unite *new*

7th Rates

Pickle - Roux *new*

GunBoat - FireShip *new*

Cutter - Roux *new*

As you can see the patch brought a shitton of new paints (or paints in the making). Since I am not sure which ones are actually in the game yet, I added a list of them in the first post to keep track of which are missing.

As always I need your screenshots. :ph34r:

Edited by BungeeLemming
use spoilers for such oversized quotes, ty
  • Like 3