Game-Labs Forum

New Perk = No Fleets

i personaly like fleets, they help me in PVP alot, they are good against Gankers, but also good for being a ganker, they might have same BR then the ship they sail, but they dont have Repairkits, and the AI is not very smart, turn through the deadwind and the ai needs about 3 mins to turn. they help traiders to cover their arse, but they are also very maintain heavy.

Actually Fleets should not enter ANY battle the attacker starts in PvP.... Have them for defending yourself or running missions.... but if you attack a  player that doesn't have a fleet you should just have your ships... if he has a fleet game on

That's a compromise which makes sense. Seen people quite annoyed at countrymen bringing bots to the fights and telling them non stop to order them to retreat.

I had heard a proposal some time back that if both players had fleets, the fleets would be in combat. If one player did not, no fleets at all.

I think that's OK, but I think it would be better and simpler to simply tie fleets to perk points. A 2 point perk might let you have a light vessel, a 3 point perk a frigate, and a 5 point perk a ship of the line. You can buy any of them twice, to allow for two such vessels. Add in that AI does not effect BR for tagging purposes, and things might look rather nice.

I had heard a proposal some time back that if both players had fleets, the fleets would be in combat. If one player did not, no fleets at all.

I think that's OK, but I think it would be better and simpler to simply tie fleets to perk points. A 2 point perk might let you have a light vessel, a 3 point perk a frigate, and a 5 point perk a ship of the line. You can buy any of them twice, to allow for two such vessels. Add in that AI does not effect BR for tagging purposes, and things might look rather nice.

I wouldnt mind that either.. but Assigned ships should be how you want them not the current Med Guns and no mods BS...