Game-Labs Forum

New Perk = No Fleets

New Perk = No Fleets

Definition:

The captain is so full of PVP that all AI code becomes buggy and non-functional.

OR

No captain with AI fleet can attack a player.

I dislike the mechanic that allows one player to outnumber another 3v1, or two captains 6v1, etc.  I dislike how a captain in a trader lynx tries to attack me in my trader because he has his AI fleet.  I wish to perk this away and I would like it to cost one point.

Thanks and I look forward to testing it.

• Like 11

A perk to choose who can attack you ?

In that case, one must extent it to all cases :

- A no-PvP perk for PvEers who don't want to be attacked by a player

- A duel perk for 1v1 pvp fans : only the enemy who tags you and you duel with each other

- A no-gank perk for fair-pvp fans : the number of attackers dragged into instance and their BR = about yours.

- Etc.

But is it possible to have à la carte instances ?

I'd like to.

Its about keeping the AI fleet people happy i guess but not ruining the game with AI fleets? 

AI FLEETS RUIN THE GAME!

Once again my constructive idea is allow AI fleets as trader ships to haul your cargo but you have to protect them Do not allow AI warships for players as they are always abused to

1) escape tag by single player ships (BR difference)

or 

2) Used to supplement skill in attacking a lone player "2 ai ships can keep him tagged i dont have to worry about it I wiN! "

Edited by Young

Fleets are a good edition to the game and i hope they are here to stay.

Many ppl here complain because they need to work harder or pick their prey more selectively, no more gank whatever they wish.

And why are you all upset because some players prefer to use them and feel a bit safer is beyond me. Is ONLY YOUR playstyle that should be followed or allowed? 

Fleets- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

Sociable perk- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

Next thing that to some extent benefits somebody else not 100% pvp oriented- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

Fleets are a good edition to the game and i hope they are here to stay.

Many ppl here complain because they need to work harder or pick their prey more selectively, no more gank whatever they wish.

And why are you all upset because some players prefer to use them and feel a bit safer is beyond me. Is ONLY YOUR playstyle that should be followed or allowed? 

Fleets- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

Sociable perk- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

Next thing that to some extent benefits somebody else not 100% pvp oriented- OH NOES NOW THEY CAN HAVE SUPPORT!! REMOVE FROM GAME!!

You are missing one very important detail.

Fleet ships add BR. They can create a "invulnerability" bubble if the BR is right versus some enemy setups. It is not about the traders having support ( it is of sorts but we already managed to overcome that ), they do not add anything to the Action game but disrupt greatly all else.

Fast fix ?! Remove fleet BR and use only the player.

• Like 2

You are missing one very important detail.

Fleet ships add BR. They can create a "invulnerability" bubble if the BR is right versus some enemy setups. It is not about the traders having support ( it is of sorts but we already managed to overcome that ), they do not add anything to the Action game but disrupt greatly all else.

Fast fix ?! Remove fleet BR and use only the player.

Fine, i agree on BR difference as it can override the game mechanics that are in the game for different purposes and not a single player being attacked. Remove BR from fleet ships is fine. 

Fleet maybe does not add to things from your perspective but it does to many other players and i think that you should at least try to look from somebody else's perspective as not all who play this game want the same experience out of it as you do (or at least to that of many other players active on this forum who dislike any change that could in any way hinder their pvp ganking prospects).

Agree on that. We all play different playstyles and we have to know what's out there and being a multiplayer game anything can happen. I rather be impeded in a raid ( like yesterday, salute Cecil that was a great moment of NA! ) by players than by bots ... oh nevermind, the bots won't stop a raider and you'd have two options, run away and forfeit the bots or stay and lose the trader, the cargo and the bots.

I rejoice on trade raid. What's your playstyle ?

• Like 1

Agree on that. We all play different playstyles and we have to know what's out there and being a multiplayer game anything can happen. I rather be impeded in a raid ( like yesterday, salute Cecil that was a great moment of NA! ) by players than by bots ... oh nevermind, the bots won't stop a raider and you'd have two options, run away and forfeit the bots or stay and lose the trader, the cargo and the bots.

I rejoice on trade raid. What's your playstyle ?

I am jack of all trades and like to do everything this game will let me. I am a lvl 50 crafter, i do a bit of trading, a bit of mission running, a bit of pvping depending on my mood and in-game situation.

Only thing i do not participate in is Port battles as i find them boring and futile as they flip everyday and hold no real strategic value of holding them. However i will get involved in them when the conquest patch hit as than port holding will be worth my time.

I spend 90% of my time in this game in a Carlisle-Port Morant-Pedro Cay triangle. In this little puddle of water there is all i need. Resources to build, missions to do, PvP to be had at any time as there are ganker squads operating there all the time. When one gets sunk or leaves another one takes it's place. So not only do i not need to leave, i lack any motivation to do so and i find this being a great downfall of this game. But i await and hope for a better future to come soon. Hopefuly Conquest patch will remedy some of this. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing :) I find it curious about the lack will to go and circumvent the map and explore new coasts but hey, different takes on everything the game has.

Oh i would like to explore the land and go to every nook and cranny there is in this world. But every coast is similar and not all that interesting, little vegetation variation, little hills/plains variation so when i saw one coast i saw them all.

Now, if they would add some sort of exploration content like RNG based events you encounter as you sail somewhere, land and sea life with maybe a way to catch it and sell/show, small villages and little towns not on the map but able to dock and buy something exotic, avatar walking on land to set up buildings of your own in some deep lush forest on the far side of the world (I KNOW this will not happen but i dream..), etc, etc..

• Like 1

Another option would be that the attacker cannot bring the AI fleet into battle when attacking players.  Use the fleets for defense.  Use them for PVE battles.  But when attacking players, the fleets don't enter.

Either:

- Player with AI fleet cannot attack player

- Player with AI fleet can attack player, but fleets don't enter battle.

This way the fleets can be in game, but not used as gank tools.

• Like 3

Honestly, I'd rather fleets simply cost perk points.  I don't think they should be free.

How about making it more real?

You need to put the appropriate level officer on a fleet ship. Lose that ship, lose that officer.

Assign a Midshipman officer, only 40 crew allowed.

Plus his perks will no longer be affecting your flagship.

Fleets are the worst thing to happen since Reinforcements.

Oh except reinforcements only worked near shore, and had a clone of your ship… Fleets work anywhere and nothing says realism like a trade cutter with two constitutions…

#NoFleets!

Fleets are a great addition to the game, it adds a whole new layer of complexity. I know many people do not want that layer but to remove it now would be a big mistake for this sailing game imho.

True it does give a hand to some players due to the invulnerability bubble of the combined BR. In combat !? Have yet to see the bots being useful in anything but covering a retreat.

Again in a trade raid ( and this time we had the BR to prevent the invulnerability bubble )

- 2 privateers, 1 mercury brig, 1 light frigate renomee versus a indiaman and 2 frigates fleet.

The bots were not useful at all and were left on bad wind all the time - easy to do as their routine is equal to OW NPCs. All three ships down. A full fleet load of crew lost.

It adds a lot of complexity in a pvp environment for sure :)

• Like 2

4 to 1st rates should have some BR protection, as basic cutters can attack them and force out of port battles.

7 to 5th rates should not have any BR protection.

Traders should not have BR protection, traders should not have fleets.  If there is a trader with fleets, it should be Indiaman only.

Most of us are playing on PvP server, we are not looking fights vs AI.

But shall we test these obviously broken mechanisms a month or two more?  Or maybe 6 months, just to make sure that these broken features are obviously broken for everyone.

edit...

Hmm.. Maybe we should add AI ships in port battles as well?  Just to make it even more obvious.

The port battles are PvP fights, that is cool.

The OW battles are not, that is not cool.

The combat ships should only be able to take ships with smaller rate in their fleet.  Like you personally, are always in the "flagship".

edit. one more thing..

If the battles stay open until BR is balanced, for the weaker side only.  AI ships should be calculated to this BR.  This could probably fix alone the fleet issue.  As if you go with a big fleet, and attack one player.  You know that your fleet of 1+2xAI can later face two additional players.

So in the end, the fleets can be probably fixed/tested with other options as well.

edit3..

Actually, if in port battle, the situation is 10vs25.  Maybe we can add 15 AI ships on the weaker side?

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

• 3 weeks later...