Game-Labs Forum

Ship wind angle Rose suggestion

I suggest the wind angle rose at the bottom right of the screen change colour according the effect wind has on the sails for example; red could represent bad wind force and approaching sail irons, yellow could be in between green and red with green representing best wind to sail angle. 

Comments?

No.

Everything that moves away from the simulation feeling moves many of us further away from NA.

Already too much going on detracting from the pure form of ship handling and OW tactics.

One of the best things in Naval Action is the learning process, the social exchange of information. Try and test all ships. Stay in battle after it is over, make goofy attempts, even in straight sailing manual positioning sometimes is better than auto ;)

• Like 3

An other proposal: please give us an option to change the arrow - not only were the wind is blowing to, but like the instruments on yachts - were the wind is comming from.

Makes sense. Having the option to switch between both.

An other proposal: please give us an option to change the arrow - not only were the wind is blowing to, but like the instruments on yachts - were the wind is comming from.

if you know where the wind is blowing to, the opposite of that is where its blowing from. i dont see the point?

• Like 1

if you know where the wind is blowing to, the opposite of that is where its blowing from. i dont see the point?

exactly. Its about the instruments on sailing boats - if you are used to this instruments  a quick look in game is mostly wrong :)

Example, a i60 by raymarine:

i60%20Wind%20(Front).jpg?n=604

The Arrow points were the wind is from ...

Edited by Gottel