Game-Labs Forum

Anouncement and Final Rules of the first Naval Action 3v3 Tournament

OlavDeng2

Small precision regarding boarding rules :

• Boarding is allowed, and using boarded ship as your own or as a fleet is allowed.
  • Sinking an empty or AI fleet will not give any BR to your team.
  • BR is gained upon "killing" a player. In other words, player IS the BR he entered battle with (whatever ship he is in when killed)

Final stage timeline :

Each final stage round will last 1 week starting from today. Meaning :

• Round 1 ends : Monday 26 September
  • Round 2 ends : Monday 03 October

Semi-finals and finals should be played within the last week, and tournament should end around the 10th of October.

Of cours, if a round ends beffore theses dates, we will be able to move on faster.

• Like 1

Rather: next time make it a clan tournament, not a team tournament.

I think clan tournament would be unfair to any potentially smaller clans. But that is just my opinion, personally i would not do a clan based tournament but maybe the next one will be.

• Like 1

Team matched up by random. Anything changes if you just swap two teams? Answer is "No". It's a bit frustrating to keep straight line of letters like "team tournament" instead of just do wright things. Same clan members kicking each other from tournament it's damn demotivating.

Your expectations exceed the scope of the tournament. It is about teams. Do you have a team ? Do you have a match to play ? Awesome.

Because a lot of teams are already out of play. So...are you game or what ?

• Like 1

As Hethwill and Olav already pointed out, this is a Team tournament. Also, switching team positions would in fact change a lot. 1 randomisation was made at start of the tournament, then depending on groups and final position in theses groups placed each team against others.

Now imagine we do switch teams, then what ? We move RDNN and LG caus they are both Danish teams ? Then we move SLRN and OCEAN caus they are both old player teams ? It is easy to always find a reason to move/switch/change things when they do not suite a few, and that is exacly why league mechanics exists.

• Like 1

As soon as you went in with multiple teams you had to think about possibility of them figthing against each other... or did you think it would happen in final... or that would be a problem?.... ill just say one thing grow balls and stop spilling the salt...+ if you think rdnn teams are one of best here you are str8 out delusional

• Like 1

And if, for example, both Rubli teams have better skill than other teams and matched together it just remove one from the strongest team bc of random.

And if, for example, SLRN and OCEAN have both better skill then other teams ? They are matched up together, so how do we do ?

Again, this is a team tournament, it has never been a clan tournament. The idea of a clan tournament however could be good. But as Olav suggested, a clan tournament could be "unfaire" for smaller clans, so special rules should probably be decided in regard of the type of tournament that is held.

I strongly encourage you to organise that kind of tournament if you think it could be a good thing. In that regard, once this tournament is over, the google drive and tables will be posted for everyone to use/copy to make all future tournament easier to organise.

For all further feedback on the tournament itself, please feel free to use the Tournament Feedback thread specially provided for this purpose.

Ok amonacc, il post this last thin regarding this topic here and leave any further discussion for the thread that kair linked, but anyways

Getting to 1/8 actually means all 8 teams can show something, no matter who exactly play with you. And if, for example, both Rubli teams have better skill than other teams and matched together it just remove one from the strongest team bc of random. I could live with fact that strongest teams should take prizes.

And what if DAS t2 went up against another team? maybe they could have beat UGLY or SLRN t2 or maybe even you guys, do you now say because of random it is unfair for DAS as well? sure they didnt fight their own clan but what is to say that if they had fought another team they would have lost? any team against any other team can basically say that they got kicked out because of random.

As soon as I went with multiple teams I can't see any problem with swapping teams to prevent same clan duels as long as it possible. Please, tell me at least one reason not doing this, except "because random decide in other way"

As kair said, it does indeed set a precedent, sure no one complained about nation v nation earlier, but if the teams knew they could get to switch who they fight if they used that argument, then they would have used it.
 the reason for us to have random decide who fights who is simply so that it takes us judges out of the equation of intentionally putting teams we want to win against weaker teams all the way.

p.s. One real thing that teams get from tournament is clan prestige. Rewards to winners is *poof* nothing. It isn't even blueprints. So it's never actually was only 'team' matter. If two clan teams can reach top places, it's real victory and it matter a lot. Our clan have only one team, so it's not our clan interest in this.

But its a team tournament, sure your clan gets some prestige, but heck same can be said for nation "one real thing that teams get from tournament is nation prestige, why should same nations fight?" In the end it is a team tournament, You got unlucky, but if you dont want to fight in this stage of the tournament, why would you want to play each other in the semi finals? or the finals themselves? In the end, as has been said a lot, its a team tournament, its not about getting as many teams of your clan into the semi finals and finals, its about getting  your team to the finals. Your and the other RDNN team are two separate entities, you are not related at all in the eyes of the tournament.

This is my suggestion: accept that it is a team based tournament and that it doesnt care whether you are from the same clan and then fight it out, or you can go a head and have one of you guys forfeit, then you dont have to have a match.

• Like 3

I hate to be blunt, but it's a TOURNAMENT. If you don't want to fight each other then it's a simple solution, one of the RDNN teams forfeits. Big fucking deal.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
A little lighter on the language please.
  • Like 3