Game-Labs Forum

severe frame rate drop

pugtm

After todays mini patch my framerate has dropped from 30ish on ultra settings to 25ish on the lowest. I have an NVIDIA gtx 870 with 3gb of ddr5 ram. Has anyone else experienced this drop and is there a fix?

Please could you report such issues using game bug reporter (F11, or using manual crash reporting described here - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2892-technical-problems-reporting-guide-known-issues-and-their-solutions ), by analyzing logs we will try to determine reason.

One of the possible reasons could be wrongly selected GPU for NavalAction application (integrated adapter instead of actual dedicated GPU)

I play on lowest setting receiving only 8 fps....still playable for me

Man are you on a potatoe?   I would go mad if I had to play it on low and get only that FPS.  Feel sorry for you man.

I'm running GTX 980 through a alienware graphic amplifier (980M on board the laptop) and I still getting about 60 FPS average and it kinda bounces from 58-62 and that is on ULTRA/HIGH settings.  While it wasn't my game but something else was acting up (teamspeak) and I had to reboot the whole laptop this morning when I got up.  Something was causing my TS to be real choppy like a bad connection.  Once I rebooted it was back to normal.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

Press Win+R, type mmc devmgmt.msc, then expand "Display Adapters", right click on integrated video, choose "disable". Before doing this make sure that a vga/hmdi cable is plugged into your external card.

If that does not help, enable it again the same way

In case you have a laptop, please check those links to re-check your settings ( do not disable integrated video in that case):

and http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19586281

3 lockups last night.  It does not happen all the time.  3 or 4 crashes the first day of the patch.  Next day no problems.  Last night 3 crashes.  Performance seemed to get better as population got lower but that might just be a coincidence.

Also, TeamSpeak gets very crackly before the crash.  TS is my warning that bad things are about to happen.