Game-Labs Forum

What is this ship?

Lyric

Hello guys,

Just found this ship whilst on holiday in St Petersburg, Russia. I think it's actually a restaurant now but I wondered whether it was a replica of a real ship. I struggled to count the ports but it looks to be of a similar size to the hms victory.

I was wondering that as well. She actually looks rather pretty to me. I'm guessing that the problem is that she's very low in the water (her lower gun deck ports are very close to the waterline), but I don't really know. 

I'm pretty sure its a fairly standard river bus. They have them in London and Amsterdam too.

The ship behind it is a bit ugly though, looks like it has close to 120 guns.

My guess would be a replica of one of these:

Varshava
Tri Svyatitelya 
Rossia
Двенадцать Апостолов
Dvenadtsat Apostolov 
Parizh

Velikii Knyaz Konstantin

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Nothing abominable about Blagodat herself - not an especially distinguished career, mainly used as a troop carrier and an abortive battle with the Brits and Swedes. The rigging in the picture is curious, though - the loose-footed spanker and the old-fashioned full length spar to control it, the two spritsails, while having topgallants and royals on every masts.

Her armament was: Main gun deck - 26x36-pounders and 4x40 pounder (1-pood) edinorog/howitzers. Middle gun deck - 28x24 pounders and 4x20-pounder (1/2 pood) edinorog. Upper gun deck - 32x12 pounders. Upper works - 24x8 pounders and 12x3 pounders. Her howitzers were not like carronades - they had full trunnion and carriage mounts and were nearly as heavy as cannons.

The ship on the river is a restaurant, not a replica. Straight sides and a flared-in, super-shallow main gun deck, extraneous deck houses, the open balconies at the stern galleries complete with a pillar that's 99% sure to be steel give the game away; it could be worse - it could be the Queen Anne's Revenge from POTC.