Game-Labs Forum

Fleet ships being able to board surrendered ships and place prize crew.

Greetings!

When having a fleet ship with you it would be nice to be able to order it to board/capture ships that have surrendered and place a price crew on it, we already have AI boarding in pve/fleet missions so I hope its not so much work for this to be able to be implemented.

Perhaps have it tied to a perk for your officer to enable him to act as organiser of said action if you deem it to good without without any drawbacks?

Also atm when players flee and leave there surrendered fleet ships they just sail along... I dont mind the notion that they abandon ship but the notion that the ship would sail straight and not lose any speed without crew manning the ship does not make sense as player ships that surrender stops during the surrender process.

Edited by Niagara
  • Like 2

No thanks. This just leads to people tooling around in Privateers and letting the AI do the dirty work.

I'd personally rather the player be personally involved in boarding and other fighting as much as possible.

How so? He didn't say combat board... he said surrendered ships..... ie so you don't have to back track to them maybe? it would let you still capture a sinking ship and stop the leaks with the AI ships prize crew.  Heck I just want the AI to actually fire chain into the sails of ships I order them to dismast instead of ball into the hull:)

Sounds like having a troop transport sailing behinds you.

Don't like the boarding mechanic and don't support any ideas promoting the rage boarding approach.

Did a fleet mission yesterday. While 11 players managed to sink 10 ships, 1 player managed to rage board the other 10 ships all by himself with the new 1000crew boarding bucentaure.

No thanks. This just leads to people tooling around in Privateers and letting the AI do the dirty work.

I'd personally rather the player be personally involved in boarding and other fighting as much as possible.

Well, as I wrote I am mostly aiming at being able to place price crews on ships that have already surrendered to you, I think you misunderstood. It makes no sense that your able to have fleet ships with you and can order them to attack and other things but once they have forced the enemy to yield they cannot do anything else. You have to sail there and place a price crew or wait out the battle and hope it does not sink meanwhile...