Game-Labs Forum

This is great. May I suggest few more things:

1. Distant cannon sounds, booms and bells. (Bf4 booms and explosions type)
2. Cannonball Swoosh sounds. (Master and Commander type)
3. Cannon Carriages rolling sound (after they fire they roll back and you get Iron on Wood sound).
4. Calming Violin music when sailing on OS.
5. Flag, sails sounds. Wind should move them and create that fabric on wind sound.
6. Sound of cannonballs drop on the floor from time to time and roll during reload. (Bowling sound, but heavier)

Amazing work D.

• Like 21

Huge suggestion.  Provide choice.

If you add more voices or music please put them on a toggle so they can be turned off.  Your video sounds great the first time or even the first hundred times ... but hearing AI shout the same phrase over and over and over and over thousands and thousands of times will be come annoying at some point.

Music always is an option in all games now.  I never listen to the music that comes with a game.  I love music and have my own.

• Like 5

If you add more voices or music please put them on a toggle so they can be turned off.  Your video sounds great the first time or even the first hundred times ... but hearing AI shout the same phrase over and over and over and over thousands and thousands of times will be come annoying at some point.

Music always is an option in all games now.  I never listen to the music that comes with a game.  I love music and have my own.

I'm not ingame now but I believe the options for sound components already exist in the game.  Could be embellished but the choices are already there.

Can i ask, do you intend of having crew shouting in the language for which you play?

The crew now shouts in english, how about Dutch, Spanish, French, Danish, Swedish?

of course yes, I don't want to heard order in english with a other flag on my boat.

Awesome!

What I most like in battle so far is the real delay between visibility and sound, e.g. I see my comrade firing his bow chasers, a second later I hear the boom. Brilliant  :wub:

This is great. May I suggest few more things:

1. Distant cannon sounds, booms and bells. (Bf4 booms and explosions type)

2. Cannonball Swoosh sounds. (Master and Commander type)

3. Cannon Carriages rolling sound (after they fire they roll back and you get Iron on Wood sound).

4. Calming Violin music when sailing on OS.

5. Flag, sails sounds. Wind should move them and create that fabric on wind sound.

6. Sound of cannonballs drop on the floor from time to time and roll during reload. (Bowling sound, but heavier)

Amazing work D.

maybe add sounding report when you get to close to shallow on OS.... EI: 6 fanthom - sand and broken shell... (make them random)

Edited by ulysse77
  • Like 5

one two three four five..... six seven eight nine ten.

Bloody irritating after a year.

But I think if it's not random voices but actually tied to what's happening in the game, it will be far less problematic.

For example the darkest dungeon commentator just isn't getting old.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 2

Can i ask, do you intend of having crew shouting in the language for which you play?

The crew now shouts in english, how about Dutch, Spanish, French, Danish, Swedish?

This would really add to the flavour. By the way, congrats, sounds are great so far...

Edited by VonVolks

I like that.

Sounds like that tied into the action that is going around you would be very cool.

I also like how you have posted this to advise players of what may be on the horizon.  I believe that little things like this will keep player interest up.

Thanks for all your hard work at improving this game and bringing it towards a release.

• Like 2

I'm not ingame now but I believe the options for sound components already exist in the game.  Could be embellished but the choices are already there.

That's good to hear. I was not aware I can turn off voices without turning off other sound effects.

Other games have to option to turn off radio transmissions or AI chatter. It is helpful because the playlist soon becomes redundant and hearing the same phrases repeated forever is irritating to many people. My daughter played a game once where the AI language was unintelligible and random. Only the emotion was conveyed. It was a lot less bothersome and retained the effect of providing a voice to the characters without making the conversations predictable and endlessly repetitive.

Combining all of the sound effects with voices (or music) would not allow a real choice. The sound effects of Naval Action are wonderful and very enjoyable. Crew muttering and indistinguishable talking and shouting adds to the ambience and can be considered part of the sound effects. Clearly spoken orders and replies should be optional.

• Like 2

You can change levels on the following in game options:

- General game volume

- Ocean sounds

- Crew sounds

- Cannon sounds

- Ship sounds

- Whistle sounds

- Open world sounds

I'm guessing the voices they're sharing in the vid might fall under crew sounds, not sure.

• Like 1

I have noticed the sound steadily improving in NA.

Seaguls, waves, battle thunder from nearby battles, weather, cannon noises (the 68lb carronades on the back of my victory sound utterly murderous)...adding in amibiant crew sounds is really nice, I would also like to have this trigger off events (reload, load chain, battle sails etc).

My son played a bit in Sea Trials and for a while in OW, he was watching me play a week or so ago (he works in advertising video production) and the first thing he noticed was the big uplift in the ambiant sound.

As for music, I am ok with background music as long as it can be turned "on/off" in options.

Well done sir and keep it going...you are slowly filling our audio canvas with layers and layers of noise.

• Like 2

About music, some videogames had the perfect soundtracks. Playing the Mass effect games and listening other music should be punished.

Was I the only one who was annoyed by the navigation map music after a couple playthroughs? I'd normally agree with you, but I made it a point to linger in that menu as little as possible because the music got so repetitive.