Game-Labs Forum

PvP Rewards - feedback needed

Surrendering saves officers and crew. It is quite a safe option when the battles is seemingly lost.

Fighting for victory might yield the victory rewards.

Seems good.

Not rewarding failure is not a punishment. It is simply not rewarding.

That's why we're talking about removing all exp / gold rewards for a battle for surrendering?

And who is for that?  I think the reaction to that has been quite negative and most likely scrapped as it isn't the best idea.

And who is for that?  I think the reaction to that has been quite negative and most likely scrapped as it isn't the best idea.

Hethwill, for example.

He's generally in favor of maximum punishment for losers.

because crippling players is more important than the fun of fighting.

Edited by Quineloe

I agree with Number three

You can currently destroy everything individually but a single hold destroy contents is required. I think it is important to deny goods where valuable easily disposable items such as high grade notes and coins can be trown over the side even with a marker for latter recovery.

Hethwill, for example.

He's generally in favor of maximum punishment for losers.

because crippling players is more important than the fun of fighting.

You have a serious issue with interpreting what is being said. Or maybe you are used to solving company issues with a crowbar in your line of business.

You lost a ship durability ( and cargo if it applies). Enemy gets a ship as a prize and the cargo. You save crew and Officers and the XP for the fight.

I hope Gold is awarded by victory/prize ( not damage ).

Where is the punishment ?

We have a question about surrenders

What to your opinion is a better implementation...

1. Block surrender ability if you are sinking or on fire?
  2. Block surrender ability if you have not surrendered during first 5 mins of the battle?
  3. Do not block surrender ability - BUT recover ship HP to the level it stops sinking giving the victor the surrendered prize in all cases?

Propose ideas for improving the pvp rewards or link posts if you have done this before.

Surrender = all is lost, ship and crew, always possible, full reward for the opponents.

Abondon ship: if youre on fire or sinking you can abandon, rescuing 40% of the crew in boats.

Edited by shaeberle84

You have a serious issue with interpreting what is being said. Or maybe you are used to solving company issues with a crowbar in your line of business.

You lost a ship durability ( and cargo if it applies). Enemy gets a ship as a prize and the cargo. You save crew and Officers and the XP for the fight.

I hope Gold is awarded by victory/prize ( not damage ).

Where is the punishment ?

So the crew already lost during the fighting comes back to live? One rake and you're down 100k right now.

We should not have a blanket restriction on surrendering if you are taking on water. That was always a consideration for surrendering - the ship has 9 feet of water in the bilge and can't keep up with it - so the option was to surrender and keep the ship afloat and the many sailors who couldn't swim from drowning.

Just have a mechanism once the surrender takes effect and the crew is saved, then the ship stops sinking. Alternatively maybe a point of not return like 75% full or something like that.

• Like 3

From a historical point of view I would suggest option three.

• Do not block surrender ability - BUT recover ship HP to the level it stops sinking giving the victor the surrendered prize in all cases

It was always possible to surrender and beg for the mercy of your opponent and usually it was given to the defeated party - even or especially when the ship was about to sink.
From a gameplay perspective I believe that the idea to repair the HP so that the ship can't sink anymore is quite a good compromise. And it is historically reasonable as the defeating party would have done everything to secure a prize.
Of course, that has not worked everytime - Santissima Trinidad is a good example of a failure - but that I would consider as a tribute to gameplay.

if you wouldnt lose all upgrades every time you lose a ship i dont see any problems in 1 duras

And if crafting wasn't half RNG and we could select the 2nd trim like speed desired and the number of upgrades slots on ships by adding more notes or whatever to start with, it's hard enough to get a ship fitting what you need without having to do a dozen of them by rolling a dice each time you press the craft button to see those getting one dura only on the top of this ..

• Like 2

And if crafting wasn't half RNG and we could select the 2nd trim like speed desired and the number of upgrades slots on ships by adding more notes or whatever to start with, it's hard enough to get a ship fitting what you need without having to do a dozen of them by rolling a dice each time you press the craft button to see those getting one dura only on the top of this ..

This is good. +1

We wanted  to test 1 dura option since Feb

but we know it could cause a huge review fallout so it should be done paired with something awesome.

Really not looking forward to 1 dur ships.

Yes, 1 dur is realistic, but

admittedly being somewhat a PVP noob, I don't want to have to PVE every time I lose a ship in PVP to make the money to buy a new ship (especially at the prices crafters are selling them for) or wait 2 days to make a new one. I HaTe PVE. The only time I PVE is hit AI traders in enemy waters when there is nothing else around.

• Like 4

Really not looking forward to 1 dur ships.

Yes, 1 dur is realistic, but

admittedly being somewhat a PVP noob, I don't want to have to PVE every time I lose a ship in PVP to make the money to buy a new ship (especially at the prices crafters are selling them for) or wait 2 days to make a new one. I HaTe PVE. The only time I PVE is hit AI traders in enemy waters when there is nothing else around.

If anything a pvp noob would have an easier time, since if they reduce the cost of crafting and adjust the labor hours needed to craft one duras, the prices will go down in accordance. So instead of having to pay for 5 trincos in advance for 500k (5 duras) you will buy a 1 dura trinco for 100k. Not to mention you will actually be able to capture a ship in pvp, not a fraction of it.

• Like 1

If anything a pvp noob would have an easier time, since if they reduce the cost of crafting and adjust the labor hours needed to craft one duras, the prices will go down in accordance. So instead of having to pay for 5 trincos in advance for 500k (5 duras) you will buy a 1 dura trinco for 100k. Not to mention you will actually be able to capture a ship in pvp, not a fraction of it.

post-11395-0-20590900-1469514237_thumb.jpg

A 5 dura Basic Trincomalee is currently 85767.

But I have posted a number of questions in NPC Ships ridiculously low prices ... time to get rid of this ... which simply go unanswered.

So I'm beginning to think my earlier assessment "Duras and cheap grey ships have spoiled us." is spot on.

Anne nailed the purpose of duras and why they are reduced on higher tier ships: to come back into combat easily and have a buffer.

Surrender: Option 1.) +

We wanted  to test 1 dura option since Feb

but we know it could cause a huge review fallout so it should be done paired with something awesome.

Only 1 dura is very hard. Crafting a (frigate and above) ship requires 2-3 days, because of labour hours restriction and it costs time to collect the money for materials ... What happens to PVP if all ships have only 1 dura? People will be FAR more afraid of losing ships and they are already VERY afraid.

• Like 3

Surrender: Option 1.) +

Only 1 dura is very hard. Crafting a (frigate and above) ship requires 2-3 days, because of labour hours restriction and it costs time to collect the money for materials ... What happens to PVP if all ships have only 1 dura? People will be FAR more afraid of losing ships and they are already VERY afraid.

Let's start with making NPC ships one durability. Crafting is much effort and therefore one durability on these ships may be to hard, yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Surrender really shouldn't be that nerfed it has a count down timer as is, that is good enough. I mean we already got officers that flat out say if you don't lose their lives hit surrender. Plus only time I surrendered in pvp it was because it was taking way way too long, and I had stuff to do in real life, guy was toying with me with a ship I could damage with my guns, so after 20 mins of cat and mouse I had to bail because it was time to get the little ones ready to go to the store. The population is already lowere then ever before, because of these people. The hardcore are the minority, I mean I remember seeing the server so full I had to wait in a que to log in.

Now thanks to fact community is so unbalanced especially when it comes to pvp its really hard sell. I mean after they allowed people to swap factions it turned into a mass exodus to the US, and it was so bad I couldn't do anything with out new people to the faction trying to steal my kills or captures because they were all thirsty mats and coins, and just not enough to go around. I took a break because of that, now I come back pirates are super power and I am seeing people in nation chat boasting about their entire clan converting to pirate. I go outside the capital on the weekend there is 1st rates, and renomees waiting to hunt low level players, who use to be from that nation, but are so bored they went pirate and are attacking low levels trying force them to rage quit.

I mean that is real problem with pvp right now I am in a cerb and I can't leave ctown late at night or weekends because there are guys who defected at max rank bored out of their mind so rich they don't need the cargo or ship hulls to sell they just want a one sided fight, then rage when the guy in a privateer surrenders after they rape their sails and play with them with full intent in just ruining their day to feel good about theirs. Its getting old I had a guy in a high frigate play with my snow, trash talking me trying flame bait me because he claimed he had over 12 million coins and was bored, so only attacked people in weak ships.

Edited by Zalzany

• 2 weeks later...

I think it should be possible to surrender when sinking. You may be punished by loosing a certain percentage of the crew, which should not happen when surrendering a none sinking vessel.

But then the enemy shall not get the ship in any case. If he wants a sinking ship as prize, he should be given 5 min to take the ship and send the minimum required crew (10). Then the ship shall be automaticly repaired to the minumum level to stay afloat. If the prize crew is not send the ship shall sink.

The only exception is, when there is no more battle going on, the ship shall automatically belong to the winner, when he exits battle before the 5 min limit is over.

The current sinking death penalty is a bit high.  Personally, I do not like that the officer loses a life, mainly because that leads eventually to grind.  But I know people who already quit until they "fix" the crew mechanism.  Death penalty is a money sink, and less money you have, more it hurts.

I told about the game to my friend, yesterday I think, and he asked that if your ship sinks, what happens then?  I told him that you will lose a dura from your ship, and he was already like "wtf?!".  I told him the rest and he said that -> damn, it is pretty hard.

I think it is not that hard, but it kinda indicates that it is harder than what people have got used to.  I would decrease the death penalty.

New guy comes in the game, and notices that he cannot sail his Cerberus any more, because crew takes all his money.  This is a big flaw imho.

If you think about casual players, who play games like WOT and MWO -> They never lose a thing in those games.

I like that in NA we lose and have a money sink.  Still, I believe the game will get a bigger player base, if the death penalty is not as hard as it is atm.

Crew is also too expensive, no doubt.

Maybe the money sink should be so that...

The crew is not that expensive, as every rank needs it.

Repairing ships could be more expensive.  New players do not have 1st rates, so if repairing 1st rate gets more expensive -> It only hurts experienced players.

Repairing scales, crew is static.

Personally...

I am not planning to surrender, ever.  If there is even a small possibility to win, like 0.0001% -> I take it.

The death penalty, even tho it is not nice, wining in PvP is far more important ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest issue I see is people leaving battles once they know of certain death..

They should lose all rewards if you leave a battle..save your ship which is your choice, but you get nothing for xp and money.

Winners or losers if you sink should have a roll on the loot table.  Winners get an extra roll or better rewards, but both should have a chance at some gold upgrades.

Reward people for fighting and not running away.