Game-Labs Forum

Log-Baiting Penalty

I apologize if this has been mentioned before... I'd like there to be a penalty to those who log off to hide outside enemy ports. I suggest once they log off that they should be sent back immediately to their nation's closest port (not a free port).

The reason is this, they have 3 or more mates all together. They sit outside an enemy port. 1 stays on while the others log off. This then baits an inquisitive player to go to that foreign player. They join battle, and then all the other foreign mates re-log in and join the battle making a very nasty, rude, unbalanced battle for ships to be ganked.

I believe there should be a penalty on these log-baiters that they are sent to their countries nearest port. If they want more PvP, then do it the manly way and not by log-baiting.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

Its these kind of people this game can realy do without, its hard enough to escape normal gank squads. I'm totaly OK with squads hiding behind an island or a corner or whatever, a real ambush.

But this kind of stuff is realy weak...

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe it happens that exact way, sorry.

Upon leaving port or logging in there is a 120 seconds timer to Join a Battle. The battle timer is 118 seconds rendering impossible to exit a port to join a battle or logging back in to join a battle.

What is happening, can be a lot of things:

-  the bait guy attacks and reset the counter once or twice until his buddies are ready to join ?

- his buddies are hiding within a nearby shallows cove ? ( I do it often and you won't believe the amount of ppl that pass without noticing )

In any case there is no invisibility involved. All ships are visible if they are in game.

Please can you explain the situation better ?

Upon leaving port or logging in there is a 120 seconds timer to Join a Battle. The battle timer is 118 seconds rendering impossible to exit a port to join a battle or logging back in to join a battle.

If you are under 120s timer you can still be pulled into battle. If this was not the case people could cherry pick your ships when you exited the battle for example (or port) and attack the ship they want without the ability of your nearby friends to do anything.

• Like 2

If you are under 120s timer you can still be pulled into battle. If this was not the case people could cherry pick your ships when you exited the battle for example (or port) and attack the ship they want without the ability of your nearby friends to do anything.

Ah ! Thanks for the clarification. Top.

Can it be changed then ?

• Like 1

Ah ! Thanks for the clarification. Top.

Can it be changed then ?

it can be only be fixed by forcing full invulnerability during 120 sec - this will make some areas PVE. for example You then can travel from chistiansted to road town risk free. or from Gustavia to Oranjestad.

it can be only be fixed by forcing full invulnerability during 120 sec - this will make some areas PVE. for example You then can travel from chistiansted to road town risk free. or from Gustavia to Oranjestad.

Maybe send logged ships to nearest OP rather than to nearest National Port? Because, it would indeed suck for those who legitimately lose connection to be sent half way across the map. I believe we are all in agreement we want less PvE and much more PvP. These timers are def an improvement from before.

We are always appreciative of the devs attempts at bettering the game play for all.

• Like 1

This issue stems from a larger issue. Ganking in general.

I can understand multiple gankers trying to corral traders. That doesnt bother me. As a trader you gotta avoid known ganking spots

What bothers me is that people want more PvP. I want nore PvP. But most people I see out there will only PvP if they have unfair advantages. The folks who like a gentlemans' fight between equal odds are laughed at.

"We're here for your ship bro, we dont actually want a fight"

"Even odds? Skill? Nah, we'll compensate by doing a 7v1"

Not sure whats exciting about all that but for the more lone wolf types like myself, it makes it very hard to justify going out looking for fair fights when you know no one is around who wants to give you one.

Sure, theres the duel system. But thats never attracted me. I prefer to find my fights on the open sea. More immersive I guess. Now I just dont bother unless Im going out to do port battles.

There seem to be a lot of players who feel like me, as in the few months I have been playing, single, or 2v1 combat, or even BR fights, what have you, seem to happen a lot less, and most people look for odds that put them firmly on the side of victory.

Since people are now avoiding fights like this we see more people exploiting the system to draw in people like me, who will let themselves get tagged if it looks like doable odds.