Game-Labs Forum

Pve server sub forum please

Hi all.

i am writing this post to ask for a pve dedicated forum topic for the reasons below and more

I started playing my naval career on the PvP 1 server but over time i have migrated to the peace and quiet of the pve server with the aim to consider going back to the pvp at a later date when more features have been added in.

from my time on both servers i have noticed that certain features changed on the pvp servers can massively impact the pve server and yet when us pve players voice our concerns we inevitably get drowned out by all the pvp players. this may not be intentional but it happens.

for example the current battle situation with positional reinforcements.

say for example i am hunting ai with friends on both servers:

pvp server: anyone in the initial circle gets dragged in to the fight then positional reinforcements occours for the rest. (not an issue)

pve server: only the person who initiates the tag enters the battle and friends MUST be outside the battle circle and use the positional reinforcements to join and sail for 10 - 15 mins to reach you.

this obviously means that anyone who wants to fleet effectively in pve must either tank the enemy fleet till your friends sail in range or you go solely for missions. can we not have an initial circle engagement for all players in a group and then anyone else who wants to join uses the positional reinforcements? with this in effect who in their right minds are going to attack the 12+ vic fleets ? they just sail around pointlessly

as the servers have different mechanics already, i dont see why the developers cant make changes to the pve server without affecting the pvp or vice-versa.

with this i ask that we can have a dedicated forum topic where we can voice our concerns and solutions about ONLY the PVE server, as changes that may be perfectly ok for the pvp server can have a big impact on us but we cannot be heard amongst the crowd.

thanks and appologies for the wall of text

• Like 8

For the moment :

- Both pvp/e servers (such as PvP1) and the pve server have the same mechanics (except on pve server, there are no player vs player battle and no PB),

- Devs haven't expressed yet the intention of specifically working on the pve server and giving it specific mechanics,

as the pve server is only meant to be a pvp/e server without pvp.

The pve server might need specific mechanics but it seems far from being a priority (if ever considered).

Why should the devs even pay attention to a tiny portion of the playerbase. It's not like you cannot PvE on the PvP server.

Thx for that disdainful comment as it points out that players on PvE server and PvErs on the PvP/E servers may have the same needs.

• Like 6

Wholeheartedly +1 to the OP.

PvE server is the entry to the game. Neglect that and the game will continue to have a negative development of playernumber. PvE needs way more attention and a balancing based on PvE, not on the needs of the PvP server.

Pretty much the same Guild Wars did: make players learn the game basics on PvE, create mixed forms of PvEvP and make it easy to switch for those who want to try pure PvP afterwards. Eg having to restart from scratch with building plans is what will stop me to continue on PvP server.

And since I play occasionaly PvE on the PvP server: There is a hell of a difference between PvE on PvE server and PvE on  PvP server.

On  PvP server: players can get attacked wether they want to pvp or not. Also on PvP server: I can't leave my nation's area without being ganked.

On PvP server metagame, politics, clan drama and lots of other non game stuff which tbh I don't need make most of the chat.

Sorry, but "PvE" on the PvP server is not the real thing. 

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 6

Let me get one thing straight -

When PvP ruleset changes temporarily and PvP people are told to "sit tight, we're changing everything anyway", you want Devs to change PvE server rules even more, even though this whole stage is temporary?

And most of all, you need a sub-forum for that?

With all due respect, but what the holy hell? Just post a topic like everyone else does, and wait till they implement correct mechanics anyway. Everything is in state of flux, and we all go through it - PvP or PvE. Why in the seventh hell would they change PvE ruleset separately if they are not even at the final stage of the ruleset?

When PvP ruleset changes temporarily and PvP people are told to "sit tight, we're changing everything anyway", you want Devs to change PvE server rules even more, even though this whole stage is temporary?

With all due respect, but what the holy hell? Just post a topic like everyone else does, and wait till they implement correct mechanics anyway. Everything is in state of flux, and we all go through it - PvP or PvE. Why in the seventh hell would they change PvE ruleset separately if they are not even at the final stage of the ruleset?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Codie was stating there are some things that happen in the PvE server that could be adjusted as he gave an example. THE ISSUE is to have a PvE forum where PvE issues can be brought to view and addressed without it being loss with all the PvP chatter.Yes there are PvE aspects on the PvP servers but that is different than the experiences found on the PvE server. What would be nice is to have a piece on the forum that deals strictly with the PvE server and it's unique issues. There are plenty of discussion concerning the PvP environment but not nearly anything that concerns itself with the PvE environment on the PvE server.

• Like 8

It may be possible to have a PvE specific feedback thread for patch changes, and it is obvious that some changes affect the two server styles quite differently.  I'll see what we can do.

thank you for a swift response and i hope something comes from it

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Codie was stating there are some things that happen in the PvE server that could be adjusted as he gave an example. THE ISSUE is to have a PvE forum where PvE issues can be brought to view and addressed without it being loss with all the PvP chatter.Yes there are PvE aspects on the PvP servers but that is different than the experiences found on the PvE server. What would be nice is to have a piece on the forum that deals strictly with the PvE server and it's unique issues. There are plenty of discussion concerning the PvP environment but not nearly anything that concerns itself with the PvE environment on the PvE server.

thank you. exactly.

+100 Even trading is different on the two servers as economies are not limited by territories on the PVE server. I believe the servers give entirely different experiences. And PVE is not necessarily just a stepping stone to PVP ( not saying it can't be - just it doesn't necessarily follow. Some of us don't like PVP. Some just like to sail and explore without being ganked.

Many patch changes have resulted in unnecessary arguements because the two audiences are experiencing the patch in different ways. I think it is worthwhile to separate PVE and PVP issues just on that issue alone.

• Like 1

ah -- he spits crap again!

instead of attacking the OP, every freaking time, why don't you ever just consider it first? and most likely yes.. they would need to make additional changes to the game in regards to the PVE server as it contains different elements of play. Your adversary is AI. Not Player based.

The OP was to establish a dedicated PVE forum section so that PVE issues can be addressed without PVP players getting involved. The 2 servers play hugely different. The mechanics play different too.

So please, G, before you open your hostile assault on yet another player who is only trying to help improve this game... think before you type! Or just stop responding. It does not suit to improve your reputation well.

The culture in chat on PVE is *hugely* less toxic than on any of the PVP servers - that difference alone makes the PVE experience vastly different, IMHO.

I personally love the thrill of PVP and have learned to ignore / tolerate the chat, but there are real and meaningful differences to the trading & crafting play experience when none of the ports change hands due to conquest.

I don't know if this warrants a whole separate subforum but we have ample evidence of the tendency of the more aggressive / assertive PVP player type to butt in and tell the PVE players to "git good" and just PVE on the PVP server, which, as demonstrated, is missing the point. So maybe it's not a bad suggestion at all, to give the PVE players their own separate area to voice concerns & feedback without it always being shouted down  :)

Edited by Sansón Carrasco
  • Like 5

It would be so great to have our own little place that can let the PVE voices be heard, we might be a minority but we are a loyal minority who want the best for the game, it would be nice to see us receive a little bit more air time because too often when suggesting something you meet a whole barrage of abuse because its something that would benefit PVE but not PVP, I have suggested things numerous times that has had this kind of response, you can even see the negative responses for the idea of the PVE having its own little sub forum. The voice of PVE needs to be louder. :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 6

I Just want to support the concept of a PVE sub forum, clearly there are marked difference in play style on the two instances of NA, what is the worst that can happen. Every one get a voice for there own area of interest without being ganked even on a forum. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I think this should merit consideration, given how very little attention is being paid to the server overall. As I have pointed out elsewhere, the PvE server often gets the "short end of the stick" when it comes to implementation of new mechanics and features - most of which seem to be ill-thought-out with consideration to promoting activity on that server and retention of an active player base.

+100 Even trading is different on the two servers as economies are not limited by territories on the PVE server. I believe the servers give entirely different experiences. And PVE is not necessarily just a stepping stone to PVP ( not saying it can't be - just it doesn't necessarily follow. Some of us don't like PVP. Some just like to sail and explore without being ganked.

Many patch changes have resulted in unnecessary arguements because the two audiences are experiencing the patch in different ways. I think it is worthwhile to separate PVE and PVP issues just on that issue alone.

hurrah my sentiments exactly

I think this should merit consideration, given how very little attention is being paid to the server overall. As I have pointed out elsewhere, the PvE server often gets the "short end of the stick" when it comes to implementation of new mechanics and features - most of which seem to be ill-thought-out with consideration to promoting activity on that server and retention of an active player base.

same as EVE and other games PVP  is king

I've noticed that there are very few threads about pure PvE subjects made by PvEers (compared with PvP threads).

That might be the main reason why there hasn't been a PvE sub forum yet : "no" thread, no need of a sub forum...

That lack of threads might also have sent as a message to the devs that PvE isn't their playerbase's main concern / issue.

Thus it might be a matter of visibility and content.

My only advice would be to create as many productive threads on the subject as possible, may be using a fixed presentation such as "PVE - title of the thread".  

Then, the creation of a subforum might follow. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that there are very few threads about pure PvE subjects made by PvEers (compared with PvP threads).

That might be the main reason why there hasn't been a PvE sub forum yet : "no" thread, no need of a sub forum...

That lack of threads might also have sent as a message to the devs that PvE isn't their playerbase's main concern / issue.

Thus it might be a matter of visibility and content.

My only advice would be to create as many productive threads on the subject as possible, may be using a fixed presentation such as "PVE - title of the thread".  

Then, the creation of a subforum might follow. 

You're right, the are not enough pure PVE threads, but i think this is mainly because the content of the game is the same for both pvp and pve, with just the pvp features deactivated on the pve server.

My guess is, if there were some particular features for the pve server, we would react by creating some "PVE - title of the thread" kinf of threads. Since all changes applies on all servers, we react on threads regarding the changes on the already created threads to avoid flooding the forums, but doing so, our comments are lost in the ocean of pvp comments.

particular features for PvEers or particular way of using them by PvEers ? PvE threads could also be about the 2nd part of the sentence.

The PvP servers are actually PvP/E servers, meaning that in those servers, PvP players, PvP/E players and PvE players encounter bots but don't react the same way with that feature, explaining partly the issue facing e. g. AI aggressiveness (bots tagging players), a major feature to PvEers but a plague to pure PvPers.

• Like 1