Game-Labs Forum

1. To encourage international trade (and avoid nations being eliminated due to loss of resources) I suggest that traders be allowed to change flags (and displayed names?) when travelling such that international trade can take place with traders able to visit any port where they fly the same flag.

1a. Perhaps some limitation on contracts placed (max value or weight?) in a foreign port could be introduced for 'alternate flag' traders. 

1b. To make trading hazardous perhaps the papers of the vessel may be checked by certain classes of war vessel (privateer or warships carrying marines but they have to get close in open world to do so?) and both the flag and displayed name returned to actual name and nation (for a time or until reset at a freetown visit) and thus available for attack. 

1c. I am not suggesting a name and flag change for warships (although it might be worth considering for Pirates if there is a change in their nation game mechanics).

1d. This may eliminate the need for freetowns at all, which are perhaps an unnecessary anomaly.

2.To stop Freetown sneeky pop-in pop-out exploit mugging I suggest that all freetowns should only be available as outposts for trading vessels and that warship are not on sale at freetowns.

2a. that trading vessels with cannons not be allowed to initiate an attack.

Buster Bloodvessel

Sucks on pipe (budgie on stem)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel