Game-Labs Forum

Idea for an overhaul of Port Battle mechanics

I do not know if this already has been suggested, but I think this could be an idea for making the Port Battles more diverse and exiting for more people.

I guess that the recent tweak of the xp/rank system has in part been made to allow more players to crew the 1st through 3rd rates that seem to be the requirement for participating in port battles. The result is a that a couple of thousand ships of the line now sail the Caribbean and a lot of admiral players are looking for challenges that are not rewarded by the game as it is now.

As it is now the port battles are the main scene for conquest and a test of cooperation of the nations and clans but they are very similar [except for the distinction between shallow and deep water battles...which may be expanded to regional captitals (1-3rd rates) deep water (4-5th rates) and shallow (6-7th rates)]

But why not make an individual profile for each port for instance (the number of ships that can join on each side)

San Juan

3 1st rates

4 2nd rates

6 3rd rates

7 4th rates 

10 5th rates 

Moscscito cay

2 5th rates

16 6th rates

10 7th rates

Along with the "Land sighted" thing that makes each port individual (E.g. the knowledge of shallows) so that a nation can be "experts" in their own harbors and players who have ships of lower rate will be able join without blocking the bigger ships from entering (a mistake you are getting yelled at right now)

(a system based on total BR or rating intervals would also be better and more diverse than the current system)