Game-Labs Forum

Hugo Republic Shipyards Announcements [PVP1 Dutch]

To whom it may concern,

following the recent changes brought by Patch 9.7, the board of directors of Hugo Republic Shipyards has univocally decided to change the company policy on pricing as follows. All ship crafters working for the glory of the United Provinces are hereby invited to participate in and make use of the business model. Licensed ship crafters and component manufacturers will be listed here, if their ingame application is approved by the Willemstad Crafters Guild. The new attractive pricing model is intended to provide an additional incentive for citizens to contribute to the national ship building effort.

1. Terms of Procurement

Hugo Republic Shipyards (HRS) hereby offers to purchase any resources (if needed) for the same buying price that is currently offered by the NPC at all consumption ports in the United Provinces.

Hugo Republic Shipyards (HRS) hereby offers to pay the salary of 50 Gold per labour hour to any dock worker or manufacturing shop.

Hugo Republic Shipyards (HRS) stipulates the following fixed prices for the procurement and sale of low, mid and high grade crafting notes :

20.000 Gold for each low grade note

40.000 Gold for each mid grade note

80.000 Gold for each high grade note

The resulting prices at which Hugo Republic Shipyards will buy and sell any ship components can be found in this nifty

COMPONENT TRADING CALCULATOR (offline copies possible)

2. Terms of Sale

Based on the guaranteed prices for ship components, HRS and licensed shipwrights approved by  the Willemstad Crafters Guild will guarantee the selling prices for ships as can be found in the

DUTCH SHIP PRICING SPREADSHEET

The new ship prices will take effect on the day of our Lord, April the 20th, 1716. The profit margin for any HRS ship sales shall be 50 Gold for every labour hour invested in the crafting of a vessel, but shall be roughly equivalent to 10 percent of the crafted ship's total value. The remaining 90 percent of the ship cost account for salaries graciously paid to those supportive component manufacturers that make our enterprise successful. As such, every Dutch citizen is encouraged to manufacture ship components and sell those to the licensed crafters at the guaranteed prices.

3. Ship Orders

Any interested Party is invited to apply for a crafting slot for any shiptype at the Willemstad Docks using this

APPLICATION FORM (courtesy of Konali).

4. Licensed Ship Crafters and Component Manufacturers (in alphabetical order by last name)

coolkiller, Lord Commodore, Arctic Nova, Odin87NL, Lytse Pier, Surathani, Jester Tull, Max van der Velde, Hugo van Grojt

These terms and conditions shall be subject to change if the economic situation in the Greater Caribbean or the United Provinces should change. The corresponding documents shall be updated accordingly.

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

Proprietor of Hugo Republic Shipyards

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

----- RECALL -----

To whomever it may concern,

Hugo Republic Shipyards are recalling all 4th and 3rd Rate vessels made from Teak wood and delivered between February 1713 - April 1716. There seems to be an issue with cheap Caracas Fir being relabeled as fine Pampatar Teak in several warships, leading to disastrous leaks in combat with great loss of equipment and life.

We are looking into this matter and trust me - heads are going to roll for this...

Until then, sail carefully and contact your local HRS office for a "Hot Fix" (e.g. free tar coating of outer Fir wood planking of affected ships).

Sincerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

Proprietor of Hugo Republic Shipyards

• Like 4

The rates of Pier's Finest Carriages Workshop as member of the Willemstad Crafters Guild will comply with the labour price of 50 gold per hour. 

All contracts already placed however are still handled and sold to the buyer at the former 30 gold per labour hour pricing.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

I wish you the very best in moving past the hideous 'Caracas Fir Log Scandal' which is making headlines even as far as Mortimer Town.  And by headlines I mean the 2-minute conversations that frequently happen in the men's room of the local rum tavern.

Arrr did ya hear about the Mary Lou?  Struck a sea turtle off the coast.  Came apart at the seams, she did.

• Like 3

--- Pricing Change Announcement ---

Prices for Stone Block increased to 33 (European Trader Price 31 + 5% buy contract tax) because of inefficiency of Stone quarry building.

Price for Ballast increased to 75 as a result.

Hugo

Edit: forgot about the 5% tax on top of European Trader price - fixed

Edited by Hugo van Grojt

--- Pricing Change Announcement ---

In order to compensate for the NPC port prices and the resource drain associated with them, we have decided to raise the prices for resources to those prices offered by NPC consumption ports. This will make sure that resources are kept "in house". The only exception is Stone Block which shall stay at European Trader price for now.

Documents changed accordingly.

Hugo

--- HUGO REPUBLIC SHIPYARDS FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY ---

200_s.gif

To whom it may concern,

today, the day of our Lord April 23, 1716 marks a dark day for HUGO REPUBLIC SHIPYARDS and many of the companies associated with the Willemstad Crafters Guild. It is with sadness that I, Hugo van Grojt, must yet again admit defeat. The pricing system of the Willemstad Crafters Guild has failed and collapsed. In what can only be the doing of evil Capt Bubbles and his despicable DAS minions, the market of the United Provinces has been flooded with ever increasing amounts of cheap Gulden.

As a result, we were forced to pay ever increasing salaries to our dock workers and artisans, while the Dutch Navy Admiralty demanded we deliver the ships ordered at the same price stated by the government contracts - at the threat of imprisonment or worse.

For this reason, HUGO REPUBLIC SHIPYARD hereby declares bankruptcy and suspends all money-related activities until further notice. All outsanding debt to private citizens shall nonetheless be paid in full and outstanding private ship orders shall be met - we are respected gentlemen, after all.

Ship crafting shall continue at the Willemstad docks, however. In an attempt to prevent the bankers of the Bank of Amsterdam and government debt collectors from ruining our livelihoods, we shall not touch a single Gulden from now on.

ALL CUSTOMERS ARE HEREBY ASKED TO DELIVER THE SHIP COMPONENTS NECESSARY FOR SHIP MANUFACTURE ON THEIR OWN ACCORD (BYOM - Bring Your Own Materials). COMPENSATION FOR OUR LABOUR SHALL BE PAID IN AMOUNTS OF SHIP COMPONENTS WITH THE IDENTICAL LABOUR COST (HIGH GRADE NOTES , MID GRADE NOTES, CANNON CARRIAGES OF ALL SIZES AND THE LIKE).

Your humble and desperate servant,

Hugo van Grojt

Proprietor of Hugo Republic Shipyards (under liquidation)

• Like 5

When markets fail, inflation rises and good business go bankrupt, we, the Dutch, once more come to understand that there are only three things what we can really value. What we know ourselves, what our hands can hold and what our souls can bear.

To a barter system it is.

• Like 3

I already have an alternative that I started yesterday wich is a shipline.

people deliver resources on a daily basis and craft materials in large amounst.

the only downside to this system is that everything runs through one person wich in this case is me.

So, you are asking people to give their LABOUR HOURS and RESOURCES to you, the crafter, in exchange for a free ship.

How is this different from me asking people to give their LABOUR HOURS and RESOURCES to me, the crafter, in exchange of a free ship?

I fail to see how your system is more efficient. And by the way, people can also choose to pay for their entire ship in the form of large/medium carriages, if they are too lazy to go looking for pine or red wood...

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

yes they are giving there labor hours and resources to the ship line (I happen to be the warehouse but I do not own any of these goods!! the shipline does)

I make sure there is enough of everything being produced and if a certain raw resources is getting low on stock I wil ask a certain person to create an extra production building.

when these raw resources are given to the shipline I wil give people raw resources to craft materials. they get for the labor hours they put in credit from this credit they can request ships. Those ships are being crafted by the person that is closest to the level needed to make an exceptional ship of that kind (so if the level to make an exceptional ship is 36 the on closest to this level is chosen to craft it ofcourse nobody below the level can craft it this way we try to give everybody xp to level up there crafting level) the shipline wil produce all the ships and upgrades requested but wil also create a stock of 1st/second rates so we can instantly replace ships that er being lost. in this system there is nobody that gain an advantage everybody gets the same amount of balance. So everybody has the right to the same amount of ships for there contribution.

this way we are collecting resources in massive amounts wich is more efficient and fast then collecting resources per ship

I am trying to explain it as best as I can in english but it's prety tough.

Edited by Deadstuff