Game-Labs Forum

Well, is sad to see that you are adding russians ships to this game but we have only one spanish ship. I like St.Pavel and The new  3rd rate (dont remember the name) but come on guys. This game is set in the carribean between 1775 and 1815 and we only have one spanish ship.

Spain was a huge naval force in the 18 century (and i don´t speak about 17th) and we have only 1 ship, we have 2-3 british ships 3 french ships and 3 USA ships and 3 russian ships, i think that russian ships dont make sense.

Spanish, british, Dutch and french ships should be the priority in development not for my personal idea, just for some historical issue.

I add some sugestions

Santa Ana 1st rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_ship_Santa_Ana_(1784)

Rayo or Fenix 2nd rate

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayo_(1751)

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_F%C3%A9nix

Bahama 3rd Rate.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahama

Glorioso 3rd rate. Read his Story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_the_Glorioso

I don´t add smal ships because you have some posts in forum so, youn know them.

Another suggestion

I think that for long time development each faction should have one ship of each class and be only able to craft by the faction members. But, for instance if a british or french or dutch player captures a Santissima and destroy it in harbour, will get the BP .

In that way we all can sail all the ships but it will give the game more histórical inmersion. For Factions that dont have 1rst or 2nd rates you can add a Russian Generic one.

For pirates, is anti-historical have ships of the line and even being a country but maybe their crews should have exceptional marines and boarding axes without upgrades, added as Extra crew, that don´t affect the gunnery, so pirates can capture ships and get BP too. of course this marines bonus is just until rank 5 or 4. (more will be OP)

So guys please tell me your point of view and please made a list like mine of brits, french, dutch... ships

• Like 4

Maybe good to know there is a player selection thread, by votes its determined which 2 ships are going to be build:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8340-player-ship-selection-1st-half-2016-final-poll/

Current the Spanish diana is 2nd, closely followed by the Swedish Wasa.

Al be it a frigate, she still is spanish.

In regard to your suggestions, it useful for the devs to have the plan available. Currently only the Rayo has half a set of plans.

If you would like ships to be able to be build, try and collect them.

• Like 1

There should be and, I am sure, there will be more of everything from many nations, including Spain, Venice, Portugal.... Dutch, Danish ships....

And... at least one Russian sloop-of-war such as The Vostokhttp://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7306-player-ship-selection-1st-half-2016/?p=139853

And, Spanish Corvette Descubierta : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6819-spanish-corvette-descubierta/

And... and...

But a problem remains for some nations / ship classes : ship plans.

Believe me when I say the Russian Bias pisses a lot of people off...

We have a frigate that never got past the drawing stage...

a Russian 2nd rate instead of some of the most produced ships in the age of sail...

and now a ship designed by the Tsar instead of much more popular and known ships that are presently modeled and ready to be added or could be if they had not focused on yet another Russian ship...

In my opinion it ruins the game, i understand that devs are from that region but.. damm its a caribbean game.

In my opinion it ruins the game, i understand that devs are from that region but.. damm its a caribbean game.

No it's an Age of Sail game firstly. Its location (the Caribbean) has been decided later (if I ain't mistaken).

I hope there will be other maps (one uncharted) someday  :).

• Like 2

Maybe good to know there is a player selection thread, by votes its determined which 2 ships are going to be build:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8340-player-ship-selection-1st-half-2016-final-poll/

In regard to your suggestions, it useful for the devs to have the plan available. Currently only the Rayo has half a set of plans.

If you would like ships to be able to be build, try and collect them.

Why does game art require real plans?

Don't tell me it is for accuracy, like historical accuracy...

Why does game art require real plans?

Don't tell me it is for accuracy, like historical accuracy...

My understanding is the devs are trying to get the appearance of ships as close to historically correct as possible.

Why you would have an issue with this is beyond me.

• Like 5

So guys please tell me your point of view and please made a list like mine of brits, french, dutch... ships

I made a POLL out of it, don´t know.

It was a popular poll and somehow the POLL dissapeared by a "miracle".....maybe more and more players liked the idea...

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12224-ship-crafting-restricted-for-every-nation/

I like all the suggested ships. Would be definitely nice to see more Spanish ships in the game and 1st-3rd rates categories could really use some variety.

I don't like the idea of limiting crafting of ships to their native faction. There's just never going to be enough ships to give every nation a balanced set of ships to build and some nation would always have a near exclusive access to the best ship in class. Wouldn't mind having national variants of existing ships like the pirates frigate, as long as they are based on some weaker/average ships.

Because you need to know what the shape of the hull is? How else are you supposed to build a ship?

Game art is used to help visualize and understand some of the lines on the plans and can be usefull when determining her appearance.

I perfectly understand what plans are useful for. I just wanted to make a point: plans are not mandatory to decide if you add a certain type of ship to your game, as long as you want to put it in. Otherwise we wouldn't see many ancient or futuristic settings around in games or films. If you want spanish ships saling across the Spanish Main, you will manage.

I also would like the dev team to understand that a small part of their game comunity is being alienated. Just imagine a WW2 Battle of Lenningrad setting, in which Russian are flying Spitfires. Please take that odd feeling  into account.

Best wishes.

My understanding is the devs are trying to get the appearance of ships as close to historically correct as possible.

Why you would have an issue with this is beyond me.

I don't have any issue with that.

• Like 1

I perfectly understand what plans are useful for. I just wanted to make a point: plans are not mandatory to decide if you add a certain type of ship to your game, as long as you want to put it in. Otherwise we wouldn't see many ancient or futuristic settings around in games or films. If you want spanish ships saling across the Spanish Main, you will manage.

In that case, what you are looking for are not Spanish ships but plain generic Ships with a Spanish name on the stern.

Some day, devs may add as a feature the ability to change stern names and you'll be able to sail the Mercury with a brand new Spanish name...

I also would like the dev team to understand that a small part of their game comunity is being alienated. Just imagine a WW2 Battle of Lenningrad setting, in which Russian are flying Spitfires. Please take that odd feeling  into account.

As a French, I have no issue with sailing foreign ships. On the contrary, I like it very much. Makes me discover ships.

And I wouldn't like to be constrained to sail only ships that are from my Character's nationality (especially since one can't create more than 1 character).

But it might happen someday...

Best wishes  :)

I also would like the dev team to understand that a small part of their game comunity is being alienated.

I would like to understand that. How are you being alienated? Are the ships presented too ... russian ... to satisfy your pure blood? Is your noble line too proud to be playing with toys of non-royal ships? Are russian ships too dirty for you to be able to enjoy the game?

Take a step back and relax, please. This accusation is laughable.

• Like 3

Spain isn't being singled out here, so the term alienated is a bit much. There are no Dutch or danish ships in the game and only 1 Swedish (Yacht).

The Spanish have 1 ship in the game and currently the diana is second in the poll. There are also players who are making models, who might need some adjusting and afterwards can be send in for review by the devs:

Example: San Fernando - Freddykrueger66

SteeringWheel.jpg

Front4.jpg

Luckily, there are plenty of Spanish ship plans available for us to use:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2756-spanish-armadas-collection-with-plans/

So, in the future spain will get the representation is deserves, yet all in good time. :)

• Like 2

I would like to understand that. How are you being alienated? Are the ships presented too ... russian ... to satisfy your pure blood? Is your noble line too proud to be playing with toys of non-royal ships? Are russian ships too dirty for you to be able to enjoy the game?

Take a step back and relax, please. This accusation is laughable.

Wow, sorry man. Some big words you put in there. Sorry to disappoint you, nothing to do with blood purity. Look, it is very simple: find me a war game with historical setting, be it sea, air or land, that puts a Country in command of specific designs from other Country.

Children cartoon don't qualify.

What I am saying is that can be alienating like in it can break the setting and context for those who care about it. I am happy to know that the dev team cares.

Kind regards.

The Vasa is a really odd choice. First of all it was 125-150 years earlier than any other ship in the game. Second of all it was a fundamentally flawed ship and was un-seaworthy.

For those of you who are complaining about perceived "Russian bias": click on the link in my signature, and scroll down to "Ships by nationality". I wrote that for a reason: there are only 3 Russian ships in the game, with one more in development. Britain, the US, and France all have more ships in the game than Russia. Britain has 7 (plus 2 more in development), the US has 5 (with one more in development), and France has 4 (with two more in development). Now, taking that into account, your "Russian Bias" claim is looking kinda shaky, wouldn't you say?

The Vasa is a really odd choice. First of all it was 125-150 years earlier than any other ship in the game. Second of all it was a fundamentally flawed ship and was un-seaworthy.

Vasa: a fourth-rate from 1778. Not the old, wobbly Wasa that sank on her maiden voyage. 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 1

Its Wasa and she is a 4th rate from 1782

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7746-swedish-ship-collection-af-chapman-with-plans/?p=237116

About russian "bias":

Nobody complained about Niagara, Essex or even Constitution which is a slap in the face for all big frigates in game.

Noone cares about so much british vessels or the french we have by now..

And now there are three Ships (Merc, Pavel, Inger) of russian origin. Are you seriously saying this is bias?

The russian community of this game is big. They dont have their own nation represented but at least they get to sail some of their country's ships..

The spanish indeed need some more ships. After all they did have a very good fleet in the 18th century.

They are a big seagoing nation with grat history. So yeah. I am all in for more ships of spanish origin.

But someone has to provide the community or the devs with good plans off which you can build ships.

Cause yes. All ships ingame are modeled from real life ship plans. We dont have magic fairyships.

It has been stated by the Devs.

Carribean is only a map, they don´t really care about a "historical" setting or feel.

The Russian ships are also there for their grandious plans for expanding the map (Baltic, Mediterranean).

They might be of some use for later expansions on, not only to please themselves. It is noted, that the Ingermanland

was the Devs choice, not the players choice. They have every right to do it, as long as they state it publicly, fine.

One need to accept and see, the SHIPS count in this game, the details and the SHIP technology, not the story-telling part

or any historical connection. The only historical connection is, that all ships are from a specific timep period (1650?-1821?)

Thus, Venetian and other ships will see the Caribbean waters. One may like it or not...

For me it feels more like World of Tanks now, more and more tanks entered the scenery,

all being mixed together and being played as a team.

The "grind" is there and also the desire to log in every 2nd day, (double XP in WoT)

in order not to loose the "costly" labour hours...

Edited by Wilson09

My concern is the game will become top heavy with a focus on 1st,2nd, and 3rd rates only being added. More variety on the higher level ships to reward the " grind"

1st rates: 2

2nd rates: 1

3rd rates: 1.5

4th rates: 1

5th rates: 6.5

6th rates: 4.5

7th rates: 3.5

They added 1 3rd rate and 1 5th rate. Truly - such top heavy.

Sheesh.