Game-Labs Forum

Not Another Diplomacy or Pirate Suggestion

As a compromise, I propose that the Pirate Nation as it currently sits, be split up into a loose coalition(think EU4 HRE) between pirate clans. In other words, each pirate clan that owns at least one port becomes their own "Nation". Non affiliated Pirates or clans without any owned ports could still port up at these different pirate clan ports so newbies aren't left without anything other than free ports to use.

In order to give Non affiliated pirates a chance at having a nation this would be the only case someone would be allowed to pull a flag from a free port (but only once per day or something like that). This has the effect of potentially having small enclaves of pirates setting up shop outside of the main pirate hub in the Bahamas. 

With the eventual introduction of diplomacy between nations, these same mechanics should then be applied to pirates between their loose coalition of "Nations", however Pirates and National's should never be able to make a peace treaty between each other. That does not exclude the possibility of some kind of ceasefire agreement where the National party in question pays some kind of tribute every week or so to the pirate clan or clans that signed it.

This proposal would make Pirate internal politics closer to history (just "closer" not exactly) while still remaining fun and interesting.

TLDR

- Split Pirate Nation into a loose Coalition of PCN's (Pirate Clan Nation)

- Only Clans that have captured at least one port are a PCN

- Non affiliated pirates or clans without a port can port at any pirate port

- Can still assist with port assault/defense

- Non affiliated pirates or clans without a port can pull a single flag per day(make it cost labor hours and gold) from a free port

- capable of creating pirate enclaves outside pirate coalition borders

- National's and PCN can never be at peace

- National's and PCN can have a temp cease fire but will require tribute by the National

- tribute comes from the admiralty coffers(once implemented), amount decided automatically by game, no 0 tribute exploit for constant peace

- if tribute can't be met hostilities continue

- PCN's can make treaty's with other PCN's the same way Nations to Nations would be able to with each other

- This includes war, peace, port access, etc.

TLDR;TLDR

- Pirate Nation split into Pirate Clan Nations (PCN)

- PCN can only make treaty's with other PCN

- PCN can not make treaty's with Nationals except to offer cease fire for tribute

- Any questions you may have, might have been answered above so please go back and read

• Like 1

What happens when KOTO forms Prussia and starts eating? J/k i love EU4, and i think this idea needs some more pirate input (idk what you are in-game). Any discussion on changing pirate mechanics should heavily include pirate nation members, not just salty national players with pre-conceived biases (again not talking about you or anyone in particular). Just seems like more progress would made that way. I do like the idea,though I'm not a pirate myself.

Edited by Potemkin