Game-Labs Forum

[PVP1] Swedish Port Attack Windows

Hugo van Grojt

To whom this may concern,

Since discussions on port timers windows in other "war threads" have been prohibited by moderators - this thread shall serve to inform the interested parties of the port attack windows for the Swedish ports during the current ongoing war.

I shall only post the information - anybody is free to form their own educated opinion on the Swedish port timer strategy based on the facts. Anybody is free to engage in the usual "light forum PvP" flaming, if you so desire. I shall refrain from commenting in this thread.

Hugo

Swedish port attack windows as of April 1, 2016

Swedish Southern Bridgehead

04-06 Fort Zoutman

04-06 Fort Oranje

10-12 Pampatar

10-12 St. Georges

10-12 Galdonas

12-14 La Tortuga

14-16 Cariaco

14-16 La Blanquila

14-16 Carupano

14-16 Nueva Barcelona

14-16 Cumana

18-20 Macanao

22-24 Las Aves

Swedish Northern Waters

20-22 Charlestown

20-22 Philipsburg

20-22 Codrington

20-22 Oranjestad

22-24 English Harbor

22-24 Basseterre

22-24 Basse-Terre

22-24 Saint John's

I have a lot of love for you Hugo, but making a post dedicated to flame wars is helping take this community the opposite direction to chivalry, civilty and courtesy. 

They're only using mechanics that the game allows them.  Enough said.

EDIT: Though those timers are useful, thanks :D

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 3

I have a lot of love for you Hugo, but making a post dedicated to flame wars is helping take this community the opposite direction to chivalry, civilty and courtesy. 

They're only using mechanics that the game allows them.  Enough said.

EDIT: Though those timers are useful, thanks :D

The post is not dedicated to flame wars, but intended for information. I am simply anticipating that the usual flaming might happen. I am not encouraging anyone to do so, and shall personally not participate in any discussions. My opinion concerning the topic can be found elsewhere, I have nothing to add  ;)

• Like 2

I see a southern window between 20-22... That must be for attack... :)

Hugo, would you please post the dutch port timers as well, so we can all go here for planning our war efforts? :D

o7

Edited by Zpliff

Such thread should just finally maybe persuade devs into PB system rework.

I would rather have better designed PB system then Earth in port battles. 

Currently the game should change it's name to "Naval Waiting and Flaming on Forums", cause there is almost no Action part anymore...

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 1

With the present flows in the conquest mechanics, I am inclined to view the current Swedish tactics as in-game trolling. The problem is that as far as I can see, Swedes do not intend to keep those ports as part of their expansion strategy. South is just PvP play ground with home lands (reasonably) safe. Again, quite clever use of mechanics and admittedly good execution, but still in-game trolling to me.

If Swedes do not have numbers (as they complain) to hold to all ports they have captured so far in the South, they should retreat a bit and hold to 3-5 ports they have numbers to defend, and put some reasonable timers on those ports. Then they (and all parties involved) will get good PvP they seek in the South.

If the Swedes truly intend to expand in the South, then I will take my words back, but not before I see clear indication to that.

• Like 3

I see a southern window between 20-22... That must be for attack... :)

Hugo, would you please post the dutch port timers as well, so we can all go here for planning our war efforts? :D

o7

I cannot view them in port, but you are free to include your daily update on our timers here as well.

Not complaining :)

And yet, reposting our timer list again and again wasn't enough, now an entire thread is dedicated to it. It's looking an awful lot like complaining, but hey, as long as you don't admit it people must believe it. :rolleyes:

And yet, reposting our timer list again and again wasn't enough, now an entire thread is dedicated to it. It's looking an awful lot like complaining, but hey, as long as you don't admit it people must believe it. :rolleyes:

As I understood Hugo this post is not for complaining, it's just for the information. Because Sweden timers are very weill dispersed throughout the day (no offense) it's good to have one place (that is regularly updated) to check for them.

Good Time to take a Break from the Game and just waiting for Devs doing something about this or the whole Situation at the Moment the Game is really bad for People thats just wanne have some Fun after all the rest and if the Sweds are happe with this just go on have fun with it you didnt get a nice War when you dont stop playing like this.

Sorry to say but who is trolling and fucking up the timers

Whoever has the shittiest timers, wins.

Port-Timers are the counter-tactic to Zerg-Tactis.
It helps smaller nations to fight a bigger opponent with more commitment.

It is as much a valid tactic as mass-attacks are.

Timers don't help the smaller nations at all, specially when the bigger nation(s) use these timers in such a way that those small nations can't retaliate. Small nations can't set timers out of their prime time due to the risk that comes with it.

i play between 10-12  i reject your assertion that setting a timer to that period of the day is trolling.

The majority of the playerbase are either asleep, at work or at a place of study during that time. 10-12 is another way to safeguard your timers indefinitely without looking so scummy.

Edited by Conde

The majority of the playerbase are either asleep, at work or at a place of study during that time. 10-12 is another way to safeguard your timers indefinitely without looking so scummy.

or it just happens to be when you play and wish to have content just like everyone else that plays this game... 

Ohh Chappy dont you know?  We are suppose to set timers for when we are sleeping to give other people content in the game!

We aint suppose to put timers on that we want to defend, we must set timers that firstly are on when we are sleeping, secondly in the exact prime time of our enemies. If we dont then thread after thread of national news is filled with salty tears.

• Like 1