Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

The Black Flag flies over Jamaica, Port-a-Prince is pillaged, has peace broken out in the Antilles ? and what next for the Frenchies and Dutch...all this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King

• Like 5

There has already been enough decent size clans that flipped who could have gone Espana and made it a viable option. So what it has one region. Negotiate with other factions and neighbors. It is an aspect of the game now that can help a young faction out. Majority of people dont want to see a faction decimated anyways simply because it places a damper on the game.

A black cloud descends over the British, the French use trickery to crush a British Port Battle Fleet AFTER an uncontested battle and peace holds in the Antilles. All this and more in this weeks Letter to the King.

• Like 5

Thank you for another good Letter to the King, Jeheil.

That was a tough week to be a Brit. I have every confidence you will all bounce back.

I did see some Dutch doing some PVP / screening near the Port Battle for Santa Marta this week. 

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Styrofoam Snark
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Was a good one. Indeed Dutch were out for head bashing :) Brits definitely will come back. It is not only a matter of... house cleaning but also of... international love making :D

Also the development bullets are seemingly out of date with the latest hotfixes, but can be excuses given the production time it may take to do these.

11 hours ago, Styrofoam Snark said:

Thank you for another good Letter to the King, Jeheil.

That was a tough week to be a Brit. I have every confidence you will all bounce back.

I did see some Dutch doing some PVP / screening near the Port Battle for Santa Marta this week. 

Edited for spelling.

Yes I knew about the Dutch but forgot to mention it, in my defence, about an hour prior to putting quill to paper for these weeks L2tK I was introduced to Japanese Saki Desert Wine....

Sorry to those captains who sold their lives and didn't get a report...I shall try better...or drink less....or even combine the two and drink better, before the nest L2tK.

• Like 1

This last week has all been rather hectic IRL. Nothing dramatic, just RL hectic (one of the kids birthdays, my wedding anniversary, a family staying with us and I have PTSD from attempting to teach my daughter to drive), as such this weeks L2tK will be delayed one day. Mucho apologies.

On the weekend, me n Mrs J went for a cruise on Sydney harbour, in winter, 26c (thats almost 80f in old money...in winter !!!). When Cpt Cook sailed into Sydney Harbour for the first time he commented it was perhaps one of the best most defensible harbours in the world, claiming a 1,000 Sails of the Line could easily be secured within her shores. 

While we were sipping champers and wondering at how the last 406 years of marriage had gone by so quickly we passed Fort Denison, which I have seen a million times, the touristy thingo on the speakers explained that it was 'special' in that it is of course a Martello Tower....however it was in fact...the last ever Martello tower built !!

I of course demanded the captain load Double Shot.

Martello.jpg.68cc37930a837746270d5fc99b840f23.jpgm2.JPG.85f06dfd6693ef9df2ed6b78a9ed7085.JPG

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 5

Pirates take New Orleans, the French hit Santa Fe but more suprisingly give the pirates a jolly rogering around the pirate homeland, all this and more in this delayed A Letter to the King.

• Like 6

Best presentation for some time excellent.

Congrats on anniversary, we had ours week before.

Commiserations on 20 years in Oz  :ph34r:

Go the French (had to stab myself in both eyes having typed that)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Late again?   

I was crook I(ill yesterday) and sounded far to sorry for myself to even pretend. Back at work now, so should be good, I have all the bits ready, just need to do the recording.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeheil said:

I was crook I(ill yesterday) and sounded far to sorry for myself to even pretend. Back at work now, so should be good, I have all the bits ready, just need to do the recording.

Thought maybe Mrs.  Jeheil wanted more alone time with you and we would just have to wait.  Get to feeling better.   

36 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

Anyone would think you enjoy L2TK 😜

L2TK?

Love to Team Kill? 

Not sure how that has to do with me I don't do green on green unless your an idiot outlaw pirate trying to kill other pirates or your trying to help other nations by giving them open details about us.