Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

I'll be playing both servers. Should prove interesting. But I will focus on EU as my primary.

The only way I could see this being kept viable is to enforce several rules (main reasons see above). These would require to choose a main server and declare the other server a secondary choice.

1. No politics allowed for you on the secondary server!
  2. On the secondary server any offences will be punished right away without the usual grace periods, reasonable doubt, etc.! This is harsh but with the current tribunal being alrgely ineffective possible server jumping trolls need to be pursued much stronger.
  3. You may not partake in port battles until 15mins into the battle (to fill eventual empty spots) - this should prevent the main population being locked out of their own content and still allow possible participation!
  4. You may only put out suggestions for your main server!(Honestly otherwise we may just continue the nightflip discussion without a server split...)
  5. possibly more rules needed to counter any other possible disruptions...

In my humble opinion I think it would be easier to just declare a one server rule!

10 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

The only way I could see this being kept viable is to enforce several rules (main reasons see above). These would require to choose a main server and declare the other server a secondary choice.

1. No politics allowed for you on the secondary server!
  2. On the secondary server any offences will be punished right away without the usual grace periods, reasonable doubt, etc.! This is harsh but with the current tribunal being alrgely ineffective possible server jumping trolls need to be pursued much stronger.
  3. You may not partake in port battles until 15mins into the battle (to fill eventual empty spots) - this should prevent the main population being locked out of their own content and still allow possible participation!
  4. You may only put out suggestions for your main server!(Honestly otherwise we may just continue the nightflip discussion without a server split...)
  5. possibly more rules needed to counter any other possible disruptions...

In my humble opinion I think it would be easier to just declare a one server rule!

That's a eastern block worthy wall you want to build. Real constructive. Didn't see this as an issue between pvp1 and pvp2. Nice truckload of salt there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Are you joking or what?

The eastern block wants to leave the global server and you think it's the other side that want to build a wall?

You'll be the ones with a nice "wall" with a 10 hours window in the European server. And that wall will bar any non European player to participate in your wars...

The only thing I do see about PvP Europe is that the Swedish and Danes will certainly become allies and dominate the server... That will be fun.

shhhhhhhhhhhh are you trying to burst their bubbles?  How dare you.

This is pretty much Naval Action right now.

https://i.imgur.com/qo4GEm4.gifv

6 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

That's a eastern block worthy wall you want to build. Real constructive. Didn't see this as an issue between pvp1 and pvp2. Nice truckload of salt there!

It is real constructive and has nothign to do with an eastern block kinda wall.

1. I clearly outlined the problems with free server jumping above. This is in its entirety aimed at stopping scumbags jump on the other server to scam, harass and otherwise annoy the playerbase of a server where their assets have no meaning to them. While it can not be stopped in its entirety this is at least an attempt.
  2. You have made your bed now sleep in it! It was primarily the Eastern alliance that wanted the limited time span for RvR. You now have a server all to yourselves on which you don't have to worry about any possible nightflips and interference from the US playerbase. Your server is not dead outside of the RvR times - you can still play PvP, PvE, craft and trade. If you want to play RvR all day then you shouldn't be on the EU server!
  3. Why should the global community ahve to worry about a sudden and unpredictable mass influx of EU players that could change intended politics just for shits and giggles.
  4. Bear in mind all of these things work both ways. I am protecting myself just as much as I am protecting you with this.
  5. If you want to complain about not being contructive then instead of throwing a random accusation into the room - make a better suggestion!
  6. I approached this topic with a clear head and constructive criticism/suggestions on how to prevent certain possible events - the only salt in here is from you!

Here is a question - why do you need an EU server and still want to be able to play on the global one?

11 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Oh wow... So much salt. I cannot believe my eyes. You really believe that? :blink:

Because that feels really bigoted. And what if I buy a second copy of te game? Am I allowed to have fun in the game then?

You ain't answering the question? - maybe because you can't???

I've always considered alt accounts as only additional players - as long as you don't use it to hello kitty about and piss others off with it you can play with it on whatever server you want. But only one.

4 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

You ain't answering the question? - maybe because you can't???

I've always considered alt accounts as only additional players - as long as you don't use it to hello kitty about and piss others off with it you can play with it on whatever server you want. But only one.

I'll answer your first question first: to be able to play with friends that didn't go EU. And the more I think about your proposals the more horrified I am at your proposals. Those aren't friendly but outright hostile.

6 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I'll answer your first question first: to be able to play with friends that didn't go EU. And the more I think about your proposals the more horrified I am at your proposals. Those aren't friendly but outright hostile.

How? Also while I understand wanting to play with friends on both servers that translates into you wanting to be a part of a global community - I advise you pick the global server!

I'd like to remind you that I never wanted split servers in the first place - I never wanted to be in this scenario. I am just palying it out now to the fullest extend as this half arsed crap needs to end. Half arsed announcements brought us to split servers. There need to be clear statements from now on and clear lines otherwise this is gonna turn ugly real quick yet again. These suggestions may not appear the friendliest but they guarentee a stable foundation on which to build! Without clear decisions and rules from now on this is like building on quicksand...

And again - this all works both ways!

Edited by JollyRoger1516

Just now, Kloothommel said:

welcome to the club .... now you know what it feels like to be told  your not wanted,,,, go play on your own server ...something YOU  have been saying to people for months .... now you've  got your own way .. your feeling that people are hostile to you .... lol .. what do you expect .... you've  spent the last 6 months telling people you cannot play outside of a eu timezone  '''now your saying you want to play on the global server  when your not on eu ????

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

welcome to the club .... now you know what it feels like to be told  your not wanted,,,, go play on your own server ...something YOU  have been saying to people for months .... now you've  got your own way .. your feeling that people are hostile to you .... lol .. what do you expect .... you've  spent the last 6 months telling people you cannot play outside of a eu timezone  '''now your saying you want to play on the global server  when your not on eu ????

Stop twisting my words. I have been warning about this. That is all. The rest is history.

Now stop cluttering up Jeheils thread.

5 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

I wanted an even spread of us tz players across the two alliances.

It's funny how no one wanted to ally with the US back when we didn't have our shit together and you had nothing to gain by helping....

Next time you guys come to recruit us don't come over with pure arrogance and say agree or else.  Next time don't have clans with the reputation for using every trick in and out of the book to win.  Of course we weren't going to join.

I like you klooth, you can be a reasonable guy. I can't say the same for others there.  At the time we were asked to switch there was just too much bad blood.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4

In this weeks episode we have a look at the ever changing deployment plan for post wipe-aggedon and I provide a getting started guide to Delivery Missions. Oh and I do cover in quick order the triffling PB "action" this week.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Christendom said:

I'm upset @Jeheil didn't mention night flipping once!

Actually, I think he did but it may have been before he started the live stream (recording).

I seem to recall Jeheil saying something along the lines of "I think that I was nightflipped out of bed to do this livestream". ;-)

(Or maybe he said it in his last LTTK episode in reference to the Global Summit livestream).

Spain go after the cloggies, some OW scraps outside KPR and that's about all, so I give us an update on the next Test Patch and some tips n tricks for setting up post wipe if you are a shipbuilder.

• Like 3

Put on your rubber gloves and safety glasses, in this weeks episode, Jeheil ignores the PvP that ins't happening on Euro PvP1 and instead takes us through the Testbed and the latest patch on there.

• Like 9

Whiskey Tang...?! Last episode I found time to watch was Episode 23 from August, 31st, 2016! No time for anything except real life-struggles since then.

There goes my new sparetime again.

But guess what: I think, I'll highly enjoy it. Some episodes tonight to catch up, with a glass (or two) of Cardhu...

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 10:41 PM, Archer11 said:

Whiskey Tang...?! Last episode I found time to watch was Episode 23 from August, 31st, 2016! No time for anything except real life-struggles since then.

There goes my new sparetime again.

But guess what: I think, I'll highly enjoy it. Some episodes tonight to catch up, with a glass (or two) of Cardhu...

Yay binge watching....Ill contact netflix asap