Game-Labs Forum

See a Europe Map for Naval Action...it would be nice... isn´t it ?

Marques

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the map, Bart. I finally finish this tempory map on the larger version. Your map is a curve projection, so I prefer this other flat projection, it seems to me more accurate and actually is the format chosen by the developers in the Caribbean Map of NA.

Therefore, I give here the link to view the flat map PDF europe proposal. I hope you liked it.

In addition I put the information about Rabat-Sale (pirates) by Alex SD, and the other proposals of Chatham Bay in England, Billy Budd, and other additions for pirates ports, proposals for Sella 22, and Stellsandwich.

This is a massive, map pixels (7000 x 7000) 250 cm x 250 cm.

So it is not possible to print a complete copy, and also

difficult to download PNG or JPG, but in this PDF format people could see the real size. Still, many ports are to close, as Dutch Republic, and wasen't able to include the entire list.

I hope this map and this ideas helping the Devs in the future Europe map project.

This is the link:

Edited by Marques
  • Like 2

Ok. Sorry about mistakes. Off course I think every faction should be at least 3 differents flags. Is nice this polish flag. Spanish flag here is wrong, as well. We don´t have tricolor flag untill 1785. Spanish navy flag was white with monarchie shield.

Anyway I think this map could be a good beginning.

Thanks for your help. I hope we will have NA Europe in 2018. Will see. 

Edited by Marques

• 2 weeks later...

I hate this map is tottaly unacuratte and full of anachronisms. Please dont add this map to naval action, use another map, a 1815 map, for example, or maybe other one newer or older, but not this collage please.

Can you elaborate? We know this map isn`t historically accurate and that why we ask for help here during making of it. 

Can you elaborate? We know this map isn`t historically accurate and that why we ask for help here during making of it.

Just use a historycal map form a certain year, not this.

This map have diferent time period for each nation. Quick example: Huge Poland, with Prusia and HRE with second reich flag.

Portugal main ports should be Lisbon as capital port and naval base, Setúbal deep water, Lagos as naval base, Tavira and Faro as  trade/fishery, Faro can be shallow.

Madeira/Funchal and Azores/Terceira/Angra do Heroísmo must be included.You cannot make the Euro map without Madeira and Azores as they were absolute strategic ports for all major nations.

All other ports can be ignored but if more ports must be included then add Viana do Castelo ( main northern seas trade for europe, mainly wines and textiles ) and Póvoa de Varzim ( main fishyard in the north )

• Like 2

I hate this map is tottaly unacuratte and full of anachronisms. Please dont add this map to naval action, use another map, a 1815 map, for example, or maybe other one newer or older, but not this collage please.

Europe was a lot less interesting post Napoleon it would make much more sense to base the map off of a time between around 1750-90 It adds more variety and spice to the continent.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

Hello, there aren´t  any anachronisms. The Map is Europe in 1740. I just wrote "Europa map 1740" in Google pictures.... and ! voila ! you can see four or five maps similar to this one.

Here you can see the links:

http://www.many-roads.com/maps/european-historical-maps/

https://www.google.es/search?q=europa+map+1740&safe=active&rlz=1C1GIWA_enES631ES631&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSjeKYso_PAhXDCBoKHZfgCDMQsAQIIA&biw=983&bih=425#imgrc=5CbGjmMQXSkdkM%3A

https://www.google.es/search?q=europa+map+1740&safe=active&rlz=1C1GIWA_enES631ES631&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSjeKYso_PAhXDCBoKHZfgCDMQsAQIIA&biw=983&bih=425#imgrc=Rw7OwOR5_jqSjM%3A

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Austrian_Succession#/media/File:Europe_1748-1766_en.png

So please, be positive and make your Napoleonic Map for Europe NA, or whatever you want.  Here we post proposal, and your comment is nothing positive. Please download your best map here. Show us here how would be your 1815 map, but you should know this game are made with ships from 1690 to 1820 more or less.

Anyway the map could change across the weeks; there is a timer just in the middle up (1740). Years and Borders can change in historical way, or as a result of players conquest week after week. 

The Flags are proposals. If you find the Holy Roman German Empire Navy Flag, please share it here to improve this or another Europe Map.

Thanks. 

Postada..Criticar es muy facil....haz algo mejor, si sabes hacer mapas claro.

Edited by Marques
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/3/2016 at 10:35 AM, Neith said:

Omg what it is ? Where is Poland ?

This game is from 1600 to 1830 so why there is no Poland ?

Look for this map. It is from years 1746 to 1766

Europe_1748-1766.png

We are one of the oldest country in Europe so please don't try change it... Thanks!

Well... I'm sorry to break this to you.. But you are also - to my knowledge - the only country in Europe that has ceased to exist three times.. A travesty! no doubt - but the Kingdom of Poland has been carved up between it's neighbours three times..

• 1 year later...

The real portuguese flag from 1706–1750 I would really love to play as Portugal, I still don't understand why there isn't Portugal in NA right now. It would've been nice to include the Cape Verde in the map.

957px-Flag_of_Portugal_(1707).svg.png

Spain should be this one:

Flag_of_Cross_of_Burgundy.svg

Or this one: Since we're talking about 1740, the flag you guys are using as examples in the latest map didn't come out until 1785–1873 / 1875–1931, so...

Pabellon_particular_de_Espana.svg

Edited by Corsario Templario

On 2016-06-05 at 2:00 PM, Marques said:

Why an Europe unconquerable  ?..... You allways will have undefended cities , or garrisons, or small cities to conquer ( see the history, for example: Mahon, Sicily, Gribaltar, Malta, Tenerife, and many others..... )

I agree with you, it doesn`t make correct to do as we have now in NA Caribbe. 

But remember how Napoleon did to control the seas, and remember how England assault many cities from theirs ships.

I think would be more interesting than the Caribbean.... Big battles like TRAFALGAR  were in Atlantic, Baltic,  and Mediterraneum seas.

Thanks for your opinion.

I do not think Napoleon controlled the seas, GB did.:).

• 8 months later...

I know this is a really old thread, but it is interesting... I truly dream of a map with both the Americas and Europe in one map, where there are two intertwined economies of trade that there is transfer of wealth between them that changes based on season, w hat is being traded ect.  It would be to the current Naval Action scale, so when you're on the "Colonial" side or vice versa going to the other side isn't taken likely, but a real thing.  At scale it would probably take 2-3 hours to cross, but to me would be worth it as you would have two sides of the world and it would create huge dynamics that would be a lot of fun, but it would require a very full server to make work, but definitely possible.   Until then obviously there is no need to attempt it, but it is nice to dream of long voyages across the Atlantic having some meaning and some kind of mechanic to reward the player for making the treacherous journey.  If you had ~1000 players on each side of the world a total of 2000 players it would give some good NA for sure. @admin

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, JDAM said:

I know this is a really old thread, but it is interesting... I truly dream of a map with both the Americas and Europe in one map, where there are two intertwined economies of trade that there is transfer of wealth between them that changes based on season, w hat is being traded ect.  It would be to the current Naval Action scale, so when you're on the "Colonial" side or vice versa going to the other side isn't taken likely, but a real thing.  At scale it would probably take 2-3 hours to cross, but to me would be worth it as you would have two sides of the world and it would create huge dynamics that would be a lot of fun, but it would require a very full server to make work, but definitely possible.   Until then obviously there is no need to attempt it, but it is nice to dream of long voyages across the Atlantic having some meaning and some kind of mechanic to reward the player for making the treacherous journey.  If you had ~1000 players on each side of the world a total of 2000 players it would give some good NA for sure. @admin

Large map should be ok on the PVE server I would think.