Game-Labs Forum

The First NA Society "Tattered Flags" is Now Recruiting

Finally... They have announced early purchase and early release withing the next few months. Cross our fingers. I'd like those who have shown interest in joining Tattered Flags to try and get together when the game goes live so we can begin to establish a common purpose.

I would like to be a part of your group if you will have me. I was an officer with the St. George Squadron of the White when PotBS was in beta and the first couple of years of the live game.

Captain Wick,

How are you, sir?  Captain Dai and I were just reminiscing about our time in SGS and were depressed about the state of PoTBS.  The chat led to Naval Action and it did seem to be progressing after another look.  We'll have to catch up.

Respectfully,

William Sherrin 

Yeah, I'm wondering if early release is just Pay 2 Test which will mean a map reset when it comes out of beta. Having a few societies form early will help navigate the game into an orderly release. With the new information that has been released we are already beginning the early stages of our plan of action so that we start strong. I hope it helps.

We will be using Teamspeak. Its quality is substantially higher then vent in my opinion. Anyways, we already have a 100 slot TS server that is used for the Brit nation in Potbs. And since TS has been brought up, it looks like we are gonna require TS for initial members of Tattered Flags. It may change as the society grows but since we are initially setting up with a pvp focus then communication is a must. At least the ability to listen in so those that are interested in us that don't have TS installed, do a google search and download it. Its safe and free.

We will be using Teamspeak. Its quality is substantially higher then vent in my opinion. Anyways, we already have a 100 slot TS server that is used for the Brit nation in Potbs. And since TS has been brought up, it looks like we are gonna require TS for initial members of Tattered Flags. It may change as the society grows but since we are initially setting up with a pvp focus then communication is a must. At least the ability to listen in so those that are interested in us that don't have TS installed, do a google search and download it. Its safe and free.

I would like to see a TeamSpeak (with corresponding NA) plugin that converts specific voice commands into halyard signals in-game. After full cooking simulation, this would be my top priority for devs.

• Like 1

I would be interested in joining up with you. Never played POTBS but did play, and still do...AOS. I was also 22 years man and boy a Navigation and Warfare Officer in the Royal Navy and a qualified Ocean Yachtmaster so I know a little bit I guess. With regards the above suggestion about converting voice commands into signal hoists then if the game functionality exists to make flag signals then see www.voiceattack.com  it ought to fit the bill. I already use it in the Arena Commander module of Star Citizen and it is quick and very simple and also extremely reliable.

Hyperion...Backatcha Buddy.  O7.

Johnny......It is indeed an impressive resume. The current Royal Navy base on the East Coast of Scotland in the Firth of Forth to the West of Edinburgh is named HMS COCHRANE after him. I have also the privilege to know and to have served with a direct descendant of his....

When this game goes live I hope that we have already seen formed a couple of clans in each nation so that there will actually be adversaries worth fighting.

With that in mind I'd like to explore the creation of another clan that is part of the US Faction, unless the US is not included in the original roll out which will then start out as part of the Royal Navy and the join the American cause when that opens up.

It looks like Johnny Reb has his leadership and TS in place so for those looking join that existing infrastructure I'd say join the Tattered Flags.

For anyone else who would like to be part of the creation of a new Clan/Guild from the bottom up, establishing the leadership, ethics and the form for a new Naval Action clan PM me and look for a new post recruiting for this new NA clan.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" - John Paul Jones, Battle of Flamborough Head, 23 September 1779

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have been in the process of brainstorming logos for Tattered Flags and could use some help. Its difficult to capture the sense of the name in a simple logo. We are trying to design it as if it could be used on a flag design or sail design should NA allow this function. Our only parameters we are working with prevents us from using any specific nation's symbols unless it can be changed easily. We want something that communicates action and that we have been to hell and back which is what the name Tattered Flags is supposed to invoke.

We have been in the process of brainstorming logos for Tattered Flags and could use some help. Its difficult to capture the sense of the name in a simple logo. We are trying to design it as if it could be used on a flag design or sail design should NA allow this function. Our only parameters we are working with prevents us from using any specific nation's symbols unless it can be changed easily. We want something that communicates action and that we have been to hell and back which is what the name Tattered Flags is supposed to invoke.

You could add cannons and bombs or swords or maybe even chains. Probably a lot of pirate clans will stick with skulls and swords.Thats probably the easiest way to convey an image of war hardened men. I was thinking of flag designs too but I didnt really create a specific logo rather I just made a whole flag.

http://i.imgur.com/A6w65cx.png

• Like 2

You could add cannons and bombs or swords or maybe even chains. Probably a lot of pirate clans will stick with skulls and swords.Thats probably the easiest way to convey an image of war hardened men. I was thinking of flag designs too but I didnt really create a specific logo rather I just made a whole flag.

WTG Matt, will look good on the Armada

We've thought through the cannon idea and we are still toying with the idea. We think cannon's represent the purpose of action but not the action itself. We want our flag to be a verb not a noun and thats where it gets hard. We thought about using a damaged cannon with a good one but havn't found the perfect presentation yet. We all must be perfectionists. Your flag looks great btw.

Attention Attention !!!!!!  Tattered Flags would like to officially announce that ..... We will roll America as the 1st nation of choice our 2nd Nation would be English and 3rd would be Dutch.

I would like anyone who wants to join to sign up.

P.S I love the smell of burnt powder in the morning 

nah i will most likely join spanish with my mates from hfg and maybe later roam the baltic together with the United Polish Navy as the Kurbrandenburgische Marine but who knows what the future brings. i love palms and white sandbeaches