Game-Labs Forum

Respect for Brussels

C Blood

While personally I don't subscribe to 'minute's silence' and other such gestures, I can respect that there are those who do. Unfortunately there are those with an open contempt for this, so deeply self-centred that they spew this sort of comment on global:

disgusting_zpszen4vfsr.png

Oh how terrible it must be to change the way you play a game for a single day. What a fucked up world we live in.

Edited by DarkFenix
  • Like 1

First- our condolences to all Belgians. We do feel for you guys in this hour.

as a background, Sweden agreed to a 24 hour ceasefire requested by dutch diplomats, which was canceled in only 30 minutes later by the dutch. No hard feelings from us, we understand that making decisions in a game is not priority for many people right now.

If there is no ceasefire, as Steelsandwich says in another thread just now:
"With all due respect, there are ways to show your commitment, having an in-game cease fire might not be the best course of action."

This means there is a war, and we will wage war with all means.

Let me underscore that we are at any time ready to discuss both a ceasefire, and a generous peace with the dutch whenever they want to.

I'll just quote myself from this topic.

Our hearts go out to Belgium. If you are personally struck by this tragedy then you have my condolences and sympathy.

However, this tragedy has no impact on most of the population of Naval Action.

We, DAS, shall continue our war effort against the Swedish aggressor.

I'd like to put some emphasis on Steel's remark here. There have been a number of tragedy's across the globe that we did not do this for. There are other, better ways to show your support and sympathy for Belgium if you'd want. Ingame, in Naval Action, is not the way.

My condolences to all Belgians and to our fellow gamers from Belgium!

The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin this evening:

1490ec00444eac8b.jpg

The german clan Lions of Nassau, playing for the Dutch, respects the wish for a ceasefire today and didn't take part in any port battles this evening.

Edited by Costanius
  • Like 1

While personally I don't subscribe to 'minute's silence' and other such gestures, I can respect that there are those who do. Unfortunately there are those with an open contempt for this, so deeply self-centred that they spew this sort of comment on global:

disgusting_zpszen4vfsr.png

Oh how terrible it must be to change the way you play a game for a single day. What a fucked up world we live in.

The only thing I see here is you openly insulting someone for not thinking the same way that you do.

Quite frankly I think YOUR behaviour is disgusting. This is a game. People play games to take some time out from real life and those lines should not be blurred if possible. As soon as you begin to bring real world issues into a game then for a lot of people it becomes less fun.

If YOU would like to show your respect or support to Belgium then that is great. However everyone does it in different ways and perhaps a game around naval warfare is not the best place.

Edited by Kutai
  • Like 2

The only thing I see here is you openly insulting someone for not thinking the same way that you do.

Quite frankly I think YOUR behaviour is disgusting. This is a game. People play games to take some time out from real life and those lines should not be blurred if possible. As soon as you begin to bring real world issues into a game then for a lot of people it becomes less fun.

If YOU would like to show your respect or support to Belgium then that is great. However everyone does it in different ways and perhaps a game around naval warfare is not the best place.

That you don't understand how comtemptable his statements were says more about you than me, though given your forum track record I can't say it's surprising. Get a bit of perspective, a real tragedy happened, real people play this game, given that we're on the EU server this one is a bit closer to home; then a few people don't just disagree (something that is entirely personal prerogative) with the proposed ceasefire, but moan and whine about how it "ruins the game" for them.