Game-Labs Forum

Help with trading resources (without crafting)

I've been exploring for a while but am interesting in trying out some trading.

Questions:

1) Links to some references, guides or tutorials.

2) Can I use a sell contract at any port? Or only those where I have an outpost? (And the resources in a warehouse)

3) Can I use a buy contract at any port?

Thanks for any other tips or help you may provide.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also brand new, and feeling my way through the same process.  I've found the site navalactioncraft.com quite helpful.  It's only updated once per day and prices can fluctuate...so don't try to determine exact buy/sell prices, or try to identify temporary "get rich quick" trading opportunities which normally wouldn't exist.  Heh, I've already been burned trying to do that.  But it does help a lot in identifying basic supply/demand patterns and getting a general idea where one should usually be able to find good prices for both buying & selling.

Mr. Bramborough,

thanks for the reply. I took a look at the site you posted but couldn't find information on trading or contracts. Seems to be about crafting.

I was unable to find any clear answers to the questions on contracts anywhere. Appreciated Capt. Red's comment but still didn't know if the contracts would work without about outpost. Suppose trail and error is the only way to gain a definitve understanding. Just have to be willing to take risks, invest the time.

I've been exploring for a while but am interesting in trying out some trading.

Questions:

1) Links to some references, guides or tutorials.

2) Can I use a sell contract at any port? Or only those where I have an outpost? (And the resources in a warehouse)

3) Can I use a buy contract at any port?

Thanks for any other tips or help you may provide.

• You can place buy or sell contracts in any port you can enter.  You must be in that port to place a contract.
  • No outpost is required to place a contract.
  • Placing of any contract will take the appropriate item from your inventory (gold in the case of a buy contract, the item you are selling in the case of the sell contract) and place it into escrow.
  • Placing of any contract will charge you a certain percentage of the value of the contract as your 'administration fee'.  (Fulfilling another person's contract has no incremental charge).
  • Only the most advantageous contract price will be 'active' at any moment, eg cheapest sell price or highest buy price, allowing other players to put their contracts ahead of yours in the order they will be fulfilled.  Ties seem to go to the most recently placed instead of the oldest one (which is wrong in my opinion).
  • In any port you can click on the box in the shop UI to see all the active contracts and their prices for both buy and sell.
  • You can 'claim/cancel' a contract at any point and receive whatever residual gold/items have been fulfilled/remain in the contract.  You must do so in person at the port where the contract has been placed.  You do not get any of your administrative fee charged when you originally placed the contract.
  • You can delete a contract from any point, freeing up a contract slot but you lose any residual gold/items that have already been fulfilled. [NOTE:  do not confuse the difference between claim/cancel and delete!]
  • You can view the status of your contracts from any port in the shop window by clicking on the "Your Contracts" button in the Shop UI.
  • Like 2

Mr. Bramborough,

thanks for the reply. I took a look at the site you posted but couldn't find information on trading or contracts. Seems to be about crafting.

I was unable to find any clear answers to the questions on contracts anywhere. Appreciated Capt. Red's comment but still didn't know if the contracts would work without about outpost. Suppose trail and error is the only way to gain a definitve understanding. Just have to be willing to take risks, invest the time.

Yes, much of the info there is specifically about crafting.  But the Shop Prices and Harbour Map (which includes pop-ups for each port showing their production/consumption pattern) I've found quite helpful.  True, it doesn't have info about contracts.  I saw your contract questions in the OP, but I guess didn't realize that you were asking only about that specific topic.  I was thinking some info to help sailing around buying low and selling high would be relevant.

In any case, Arsilon seems to have covered the contract bit nicely.

• Like 1

From Contracts –Information & Questions Thread Sept 2015

Can I place unlimited contacts? max is 5 contracts running at the same time in the entire map

Am I limited to a number of contacts per port? Yes and no, you can put up to 5 contracts on 5 different resources in a same port, not possible to put more than one contract on one single resource in a same port

Am I only limited to one contact per resource per port? Yes, only one contract per resource on a same port

Am I limited to one contact per resource per server? No, you can set 5 contracts for one single type of resources in 5 different ports

Does the port have to belong to my nation to be able to post a contact? It needs to be either one port of your Nation or a free town or a neutral town.

If I claim a partially complete sell contract do I lose the remaining goods? If you do a contract for let's say 500 pieces of iron and the contract is filled at 300/500, you can claim it, you will get the 300 pieces available, the gold you put in the offer for the iron is returned back for the 200 missing pieces ( let's say you offered 100 gold for each unit of iron for this 500 units contract, here you will get back 200*100 gold from the 200 missing units) , only the 5% fee you have to pay on the total amount of the contract value is not returned back to you and will be lost.

You will then have to make another contract for the 200 more units, and pay again 5% fee on it, this increasing the total cost per unit for your materials.

Anyone know of a decent Instruction video about contacts and/or trading? Nope sorry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...