Game-Labs Forum

Are 3rd rates too disposable?

I think AI third rates are too commonly captured and used in PBs, it makes the economy weaker as there is no real reason to craft those. All major clans have endless storage of disposable 3rd rates in every outposts.

It's essentially the same issue we had before the AI pavels were removed.

I think AI pavels should be reintroduced, but 3rd and higher should be capturable, but not sailable. So you can capture them for the money or to break them up, but not sail them.

Thoughts?

Poll removed by mod team for being non-essential to the discussion.

• Like 9

I Agree they sell for too much, definitely needs to be fixed. But I don't think making them uncaptureable is the way to go, I mean theirs already a lack of good pvp as it is, don't want to make people not want to pvp even more, it's already bad enough.

is this really a post or are you guys trollin? lets take away AI snows too. just to versatile to be grabbed by any old sailor. LOL

dumb idea.

Yes because Snows have such an effect on world conquest.

Maybe my idea is dumb maybe not, but at least it's an Idea and it'll brew a discussion and further the game's quality. We'll hear the population's thoughts and ideas and it can't be negative in the end.

I think the real problem is that the AI is very poor at sailing 3rd rates. The Constitution is actually more dangerous to fight in AI hands. I think the main problem may be that it's just remarkably poor at scoring hits and has a tendency to fire guns that you aren't quite within the arc of.

• Like 1

oh please remove those 3rd rate npcs because right now it s too easy to capture them, all even weakest nations who have 1 port can capture 3rd rate and fight in port battle, please remove all those so only the biggest nations who have the largest number of ports that give tones of materiels are able to craft them so they can use them to conquer more ports.

This is so funny how some people try to change the game mechanics when they start to lose ;)

• Like 4

Its just co-incidence that the topic is brought up by a Brit in a Clan with an extensive crafting base and supported by other members of that clan. :)

Might give you an easier time against the Danes and Pirates, thats for sure.

JUST STOP.

This is idiocy of the highest order. Keep that paranoia to national forums please.

If the best argument you can come up with is "OMG u in rival nation!", there is really no valid reason to post it.

• Like 3

JUST STOP.

This is idiocy of the highest order. Keep that paranoia to national forums please.

If the best argument you can come up with is "OMG u in rival nation!", there is really no valid reason to post it.

But that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm pointing out that, at this point in time it would be highly advantageous for SLRN to have this change put through given that your clan does indeed have an extensive crafting base, well established from prior to the wipe, and that your nation would benefit quite significantly from this change, as opposed to your enemies.

There's quite a lot of bias in your suggestion is what I'm saying, I'm sure your clan has had many conversations about losing their crafted Pavels, Bellonas, etc, to zerg rushing Pirate PB ships, a lot of which do indeed come from 3rd Rate NPC captures.

thats why I take your suggestion with a pinch of salt, I'm not entirely sure its for the benefit of the game and not just for improving your own nations position.

• Like 1

But that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm pointing out that, at this point in time it would be highly advantageous for SLRN to have this change put through given that your clan does indeed have an extensive crafting base, well established from prior to the wipe, and that your nation would benefit quite significantly from this change, as opposed to your enemies.

There's quite a lot of bias in your suggestion is what I'm saying, I'm sure your clan has had many conversations about losing their crafted Pavels, Bellonas, etc, to zerg rushing Pirate PB ships, a lot of which do indeed come from 3rd Rate NPC captures.

thats why I take your suggestion with a pinch of salt, I'm not entirely sure its for the benefit of the game and not just for improving your own nations position.

I would say it's a bit more than a pinch, if you start accusing anyone who tries to stop you of being British.

Chill out. This is NOT politics forums. Everything gets wiped anyway, we're here to make the game better, not to win it.

I would say it's a bit more than a pinch, if you start accusing anyone who tries to stop you of being British.

Chill out. This is NOT politics forums. Everything gets wiped anyway, we're here to make the game better, not to win it.

This x 1000, i wouldn't care if i'd be fighting out of Kingston with a cutter. I just want the game to be as good as it can. We don't have any crafting advantage from pre-wipe.

I've always been advocating for more frigate fighting, less SOLs. They are meant to be expensive battleships that go out for line battles, not the Ford model T of the carribeans.

Edited by Ian2492
  • Like 1

Its just co-incidence that the topic is brought up by a Brit in a Clan with an extensive crafting base and supported by other members of that clan. :)

Might give you an easier time against the Danes and Pirates, thats for sure.

I can't imagine why anyone should care about that.

6 months from now literally everyone will be able to craft all the 3rd rates they'll want.

The long term question I see is whether they should be quite so freely available through capturing, simply because the AI is so bad at using them.

• Like 4

At the moment with the game still in alpha there are not a lot of ships, capturing NPC ships is just part of the game and it give something different to do in the game besides trading, pvp, pbs, and missioning

to the argument that alot of people are using them in pbs, well no1 is stopping u from doing the same

But you guys love your sandbox, surely you don't want a growing list of complicated rules?

But Jodgi you know i love rules. Going to the point if used well the current mechanic allows to make multiple "free" atacks by whole fleets if only you farm your ships in the meantime. Is it bad? I dont't know tbh. Is it making crafting 3rd rates useless? Yes. I would like if devs deliver us some kind of spin that nations need to deliver capped ships to admirality (they would need to do it) and these ships would enter some pool that they would be distributed to the nation later as a reward for admirality quests. OR NO ARMED AI ONLY CRAFTERS . So Tommy can cry from happiness.

Edited by manuva85