Game-Labs Forum

Right now, people who are obviously going to lose a piracy encounter have no incentive to cooperate with their assailants in order to spare themselves anything. Either they escape, or they lose it all.

I think it would be beneficial if there was a way to negotiate a surrender so that the fleeing party has the option (if they so chose) to dump some or all of their cargo in order to preserve their ship.

It would save pirates a lot of unnecessary hassle and it would save traders...their ship.

• Like 2

Being able to throw cargo over board would be interesting.

Of course you can already open your hold in the OW and right click and destroy your cargo if you get engaged by something you know you can't get away from. Might also be handy if they make the weight in your hold slow you down.

Edited by Kaddy

They already can surrender or wait longer and get boarded, that is if they cannot run away.

No way I would stop to fetch cargo thrown overboard...

Yeah, they can surrender, but doing so doesn't actually save them anything. They lose everything just as surely as if they had been sunk. I'm suggesting a middle ground. A way for the attacker to get the cargo and the victim to retain his ship.