Game-Labs Forum

1st Big content patch information.

I think you forgot a link here: 

Production buildings

Production buildings are still tentative and might not get in next patch. Please leave your feedback on how you want production buildings to work in the following topic. We will of course try hard to make them happen in Feb but not sure about it.

Very much love the idea behind the crew allocation change.

However, it will have to be implemented very skillfully, so it is very intuitive and not fiddly. Even now there is a lot of buttons to press during the battle and I can imagine that with this change implemented incorrectly, I might be mistaken for a piano player during battles...

• Like 6

The contract change is silly. You are basically putting a red X on the traders with a lot of cargo by revealing that intel. And since you can easily access a nations trade without a second account its a pirate/enemy's wet dream. Traders prefer anonymity. Trying to hide that fact behind us wanting to be privately traded is dishonest. If I put goods up for sale at a set price I have zero interest in being harassed by people complaining or wanting a better deal. It also sounds like a way to grief unpopular people by allowing the boycotting of purchases from any given individual.

Edited by Sea Nettle
  • Like 8

Looking forward to Production Buildings, hopefully they come soon. And I think cool down on repairs is a good idea. I've been in battles before where they can get spread out and spend 20 minutes trying to sail to my other friends in an engagement that is still going on. Didn't make sense that my crew would just be idling about, not repairing anything.

Mast/Sail repair on long cooldowns

Demasting became a dominant strategy and does not give many options for the person on the receiving end. We know that many will say it is a wrong choice – but giving the player the option to recover masts in battle at least to a certain extent will bring more variability to battles.

Our proposal is this:

Bring back cool downs for hull repairs and mast repairs: Cool downs should only work when the player is on the exit timer – if you are out of combat. If enemy does not pursue you in battle actively you can disengage away wait for 10-20 mins and get another repair chance. Captains who participated in the previous repair discussions actively can bring back their ideas into the discussions here.

Well, it takes a year before my words about repair of masts come true. Better than never. :lol:

Except that thing, i suggest to make different special-repair for mast, but other part about disengage away for some time and repair mast there is same.

p.s. also im afraid, some unavoidable imbalance will happen from start, and a bit about crew menegement, which could be problem during hard battles. Specially related to repair. it could be that grape become OP

everything sounds great .. but thats no content patchin my opinion ?!!?

you say content comes later ...

content are new things, new ways of playing game ..

CONTENT Would be:

Production buildings

Production buildings are still tentative and might not get in next patch. Please leave your feedback on how you want production buildings to work in the following topic http://forum.game-la...gs-discussions/. We will of course try hard to make them happen in Feb but not sure about it.

New ships

2-3 new ships will be delivered after the patch – as they need more time to be tested and fine tuned. Most likely candidates are improved Niagara that will be boosted in certain areas based on the player feedback and Essex Frigate.

thats "just" changes and balancing ... and really not content patch ... sorry

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 5

Only prepared boarding crew will fight in boarding for both sides

Will the rest of the crew join the fight during the course of the boarding as well (seems realistic) or is it going to be a fixed number of crew prepared at the moment the boarding starts?

• Like 3

Looks like a very, very nice patch. There are lots and lots of factors being changed at the same time for combat, which worries me a bit since the risk for something going bad is quite big, but I absolutely like where this is going. It will greatly increase the skill factor in the game rather than just being in a big ship, and being in a big ship without the necessary skill can even become counter-productive and harmful.

Only thing I am missing is adequate combat rewards for damaging sails, which at the moment can be a quite big part of a battle's duration, and doesn't offer ANYTHING in reward.

All in all I do not see anything I dislike. Looking forward to the changes especially on the combat side of things. The repairs cooldown is a great "return" and the crew focusing seems like a great addition, probably my favourite of the list.

As said above having the trader names listed might open way to the dark side of the human psyche, maybe let it be a show name yes/no option.

ok when i read the others ... i am maybe the "half empty glass" kind of guy...

but i am looking forward "Land sighted" "Production Buildings" "New Ships"  thats in my eyes content ... the things which are coming are nice and good !! No matter but i would say changes and balencing :D

but thanks for your work .. !! you are working and we get patches every week soo thanks !!!

• Like 2

Certain ships will become impossible to sail without extra crew management.

To me this wording seems to imply that certain ships will be incapable of functioning at 100% with their heaviest guns equipped, ie. won't have enough crew to man both guns and sails to full capacity. Is this the case or am I interpreting it wrong?

• Like 1

Rattlesnake HYPE!!!!

And I get my Essex back!!!  (and hopefully she is not the wooden wall of indestructibility this time, but behaves more like a Frigate)

And crew changes!  More reasons to press the 6, 7, 8, and 9 keys again! 

And... okay, to save you gents some time... pretty much everything.

It's just so nice to be able to test new features again!

• Like 2

Sounds great.

I have one suggestion.

• Shorter entry timers for missions/events/ow battles to provide more control for solo/small group players.

Have you thought about some kind of a "toggle entry lock" switch instead of shortening the times? If you're a solo/small group player, you can lock a battle from your side, preventing any players to join a battle on your side only, without need of fiddling with entry timers.

• Like 5